24. Apr 2024, 01:27 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Edain 4.7: General Feedback  (Gelesen 1472 mal)

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
Edain 4.7: General Feedback
« am: 28. Sep 2023, 21:41 »
As always, we're eager to hear what you think of the version, which parts you like especially and which parts could use improvement!

Watcher

• Thain des Auenlandes
Re: Edain 4.7: General Feedback
« Antwort #1 am: 29. Sep 2023, 16:45 »
Fantastic release as usual. I haven't gotten to trying everything out, but I've thoroughly enjoyed what I have tried so far.

Naturally I played as Arnor first. The small changes to the spellbook powers are great. The Firework Ballista added to "Detachment from the Shire" make the spell far more worthy of its tier, and "Army of Gondor" now functioning like Gondor's equivalent was a really cool change.

The new building, unit and hero designs are fantastic as well, and the new Outpost floors were a pleasant surprise.

I admit that I was hoping Arnor's "Palantir Guards" would get an improvement similar to the "Fountain Court Guards" of Gondor, though I suppose that'll be for another update?

I'm also curious about the "New Sound sets". I haven't encountered any yet in the expected (to me at least) Faction of Angmar. In which Faction will I expect to find them, if you don't mind me asking?

I have also started the "Rise of Angmar" Campaign. So far it has turned out to be quite fun with no crashes or bugs. I'll also get around to trying out the other BfME 2 campaigns again.

Kind Regards from the waters :)
"The pool is up to the west-gate..."

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
« Antwort #2 am: 29. Sep 2023, 17:11 »
Most of the new voices are german, but you can give Mollok a spin - Radagast wrote a script in Mordor's Black Speech for him, so when he's not grunting or roaring, he's speaking the language of Mordor!

The Palantir Guards will be improved in a future patch, yes. We had some cool ideas that didn't pan out due to technical limitations, so we postponed that for now.

Glad you like it!

Le Sournois

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #3 am: 1. Okt 2023, 20:51 »
Even if there was less changes in terms new content than 4.6, I must say in terms of quality, this update is very good.

What I like is that when I read the new changelog, all the balance changes were in my opinion very appropriate.

Cavalry was maybe too much queen in 4.6 but in 4.7, heroic swordsmen has been buffed to be more competitive with them. Also, things like the ambush ability for Caras galadhon guards is a few thing but it improves the gameplay a lot.

Favor of the Witch King made Angmar pass from my least wanted faction to one of my favorite after few skimrishes.

Even if I am more interested in gameplay than graphism, I must say I find myself enjoying those changes also very much.

I hadn't tested Misty Mountains yet, I guess they are more balanced but the changes I read don't convince me, for example, Smaug still has an incredible amout of HP and even archers cannot do a lot against him while he is so dangerous !

keep it up guys, all your 3 last great updates, 4.5, 4.6, 4.7 are of great quality !

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
« Antwort #4 am: 2. Okt 2023, 16:16 »
Balancing flying units is always difficult, even more so with Smaug. He has to feel powerful, so he can't just be shot down by two basic units of archers as that would ruin immersion; but he also has to be vulnerable enough (while in the air) that factions without elite archers can dish out enough damage, because nothing else can hurt him. Generally speaking, archer heroes are very useful as they'll also level up nicely against Misty Mountains, but it depends on what faction you're playing as. Also keep in mind that when he's on the ground, he becomes quite resistant to archers and instead is much more vulnerable to pikes.

Le Sournois

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #5 am: 22. Okt 2023, 21:50 »
A special thanks for the new mission maps especially the Amhirost map that is a pleasure to do in multiplayer.

It's a very good offensive Siege map, I really like the concept of this flows of defensive units coming from their barrack as soon as we arrive. That force us to try and destroy the buildings really quickly, it works really well, and it's challenging, it's fun, it's perfect.

alexbarsspe

• Hobbit
« Antwort #6 am: 11. Nov 2023, 12:18 »
Hello Edain team. The mod is very good. I really like your approach. Gondor has received new buildings and units.
The Orcs of the Misty Mountains have a very cool design. I have already tested 4.7 very much. I want to share my impressions. And I'll start with the cons:
This is a lot of flaws in the characters
About heroes

Celeborn - When using the level 10 ability "Might of the Silver One", the "Heavy Gales" ability drops enemy heroes, does not cause damage.

Bolg - His attacks against a hero or a building, a monster, are too fast. In one swing of the weapon deals 2 blows. When reaching 10 while in the squad, Bolg deals permanent splash damage.

Tom, Bill, Bert - The ability 'Cook some jelly' calls the bowler on the field, but it does not restore health points to the troll itself. A troll Tom, Bill, Bert in close combat has a low radius of destruction of enemy units.

Grimma Wormtongue - Grima when using the "Sabotage" ability does not have any effect on the enemy hero. The enemy hero continues to attack the Makeup causing damage.

The Hunter - too little armor. Having level 10, even a squad of orcs can kill him.

Boromir is the weakest defender in the game, Hama has a cheaper stage, but he is stronger against the heroes.After Boromir is reborn, he gives a permanent debuff.

Dwalin - when you hover the cursor over this hero, it is indicated in the description as hero support. The ability "Earth Hummer' - What is the meaning of this ability?

Murin - is not mass slaying. Has little armor. When Drar is on the battlefield, Murin does not knock down enemies with blows.

When I remember something else, I will write. Thank you Edain tim for your hard work.

« Letzte Änderung: 11. Nov 2023, 12:22 von alexbarsspe »