19. Apr 2024, 21:03 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Mastercrafted Blades vs Magic Blades  (Gelesen 1145 mal)

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
Mastercrafted Blades vs Magic Blades
« am: 26. Feb 2020, 16:42 »
I was just curious what the lore/thought behind this decision was?

If I recall correctly, Hollin/Eregion was known to be THE Elven realm in Middle-Earth where smiths laboured without compare. Since the Noldorin are historically known as possessing the most notable craftselves, I found it a little strange that Imladris does not get the Mastercrafted Blades (and the more expensive upgrades).

In contrast, Lothlorien was more known for its magic (and archery?) rather than its smithing? Although, I can see the argument that Celeborn and Galadriel once dwelt in Hollin/Eregion and perhaps brought that knowledge with them?

Nevertheless, would it not make more sense for Lothlorien to just get regular forged blades and give the Mastercrafted Blades to Imladris since they are the remnants of the Gwaith-i-Mírdain.

In addition, where do the ''Magic Blades'' come from? Is there any source for that?

In my opinion, it would make Lorien's gameplay also more fitting, since they already have an expensive upgrade in the Silverthorn Arrows, but that's a topic for another time.

Again, just curious :).
« Letzte Änderung: 26. Feb 2020, 16:47 von Odysseus »
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

Only True Witchking

• Elbischer Pilger
  • Hinder me? Thou fool. No living man may hinder me!
Re: Mastercrafted Blades vs Magic Blades
« Antwort #1 am: 26. Feb 2020, 17:02 »
To answer from a gameplay perspective:

Imladris already gets Blades of Eregion via the Library, representing the craft of the Gwaith-i-Mirdain.

Lorien also doesn't get any armour upgrade, the blades are better to make up for that.
Although it is a little weird that buying an upgrade for one unit of swordsmen costs almost as much as building three battalions of them 8-|

Signed,
The only true Witch-king
“In rode the Lord of the Nazgûl. A great black shape against the fires beyond he loomed up, grown to a vast menace of despair. In rode the Lord of the Nazgûl, under the archway that no enemy ever yet had passed, and all fled before his face."