28. Mär 2024, 17:00 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Rohan open-world is back for Edain Mod 4.5!  (Gelesen 2542 mal)

H4lbarad

• Pförtner von Bree
Rohan open-world is back for Edain Mod 4.5!
« am: 12. Mär 2020, 01:42 »
Rohan open-world is back for Edain Mod 4.5!
2.1 Version is out now. Changelog below.

The map contains almost the whole Rohan, including Edoras, Helm's Deep, Isengard, Fangorn, fords of Isen, and a big plain of Rohan.

The map is made to be played 2v2, but now you can play it also 1v1, 2v1.

Edoras and Helm's Deep are optimized to be played as Rohan faction. Both players can pick Rohan and expect some small differences between the two cities (dIfferent heroes mainly).

- Edoras player can recruit Royal archers, Merry, Gamling, Eowyn, Theodred, Theoden and Gandalf the White.

- Helm's Deep player can recruit Hama, Eomer, Aragorn, Gimli, Legolas and Haldir with his Galadhrim.

Other factions can be played, but they aren't adapted with additionnal units and spells. Lothlorien and Dwarves are not playable in Edoras and Helm's Deep.

One player is in Edoras, one in Helm's Deep, one in Isengard and one in a normal camp (for evil). If a player wants to control Edoras AND Helm's Deep, he may pick Edoras and leave the Helm's Deep slot empty. He will get the control of the two cities.

The map has be made to be played multiplayer, but AI is very challenging if you play as Good side. A very good way to expect a strong challenge is to play 1v2 as Rohan in Edoras. As mentionned before, you will control Edoras and Helm's Deep and will have to defend both fortresses.

DOWNLOAD LINK : https://www.moddb.com/groups/edain-community-content/addons/rohan-open-world

I'm looking forward to your opinion and suggestions, as well as bug reports.

Have fun! :)
« Letzte Änderung: 1. Apr 2020, 14:35 von H4lbarad »

H4lbarad

• Pförtner von Bree
Re: Rohan open-world is back for Edain Mod 4.5!
« Antwort #1 am: 16. Mär 2020, 16:29 »
2.1 version is out! Here is the changelog:

- Size of Orthanc tower much bigger to be more realistic.
 - Saruman's lightning power when he's on top of Orthanc now can be casted on the whole map!
 - Ents spellpower reworked in the spirit of new Edain spellbook concept: now it is a left tree power, meaning that it's no longer a summon. It's a passive power which unlocks the Entmoot in the Fangorn forest. There are two of them, so Both Rohan player can have access to it.
 - The right side of the Rohan spellbook offers you 2 powerful powers which summon armies of all Middle Earth, including Gondor army, led by Boromir. Armies are temporary but Boromir stays on map until he's killed.
 - Some cosmetic changes
 - Some balance changes
 - Many bugs fixed

Helper01

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #2 am: 4. Sep 2021, 16:25 »

Re: Map-specific Bugs

« Reply #30 on: 2. Sep 2021, 21:04 »

QuoteModifyRemove

For the custom map by H4lbarad, the Rohan Open World map (v2.2), I've noticed that sometimes the game will just randomly crash if you play as Rohan in control of both Helm's Deep and Edoras (playing alone, not with an ally, having the Edoras map placement selected for yourself, which automatically gives you control of both fortresses), and up against a Medium level Isengard in that fortress and a Medium level Mordor both allied together.

I've also noticed that if you try to have a Rohan Medium level AI ally in Helm's Deep, with you yourself being Rohan in Edoras, against the same level and kinds of enemies listed above--and even if both AI's are Isengard--the game will automatically crash without even loading up the map.

Helper01

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #3 am: 4. Sep 2021, 17:43 »
I meant to ask before: Any chance at updating some of these  maps to be compatible with the current version of Edain? This one, especially. But also Rise of Angmar, the Minas Twins, and many others. I think your work is truly amazing and would love to be able to play these without them crashing, which I can only assume must be due to incompatibility issues.

Any chance at updating these?