28. Mär 2024, 18:45 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Gandalf for Rohan vs Gondor  (Gelesen 1831 mal)

dkbluewizard2

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
Gandalf for Rohan vs Gondor
« am: 15. Mär 2020, 17:59 »
Hello, today I wanted to analyze Gandalf and the faction he is with. Since Gandalf can go with any faction, his steed shadowfax is from Rohan, and Rohan’s main spell is Theoden becoming glorious (which was by Gandalf’s hand), shouldn’t Gandalf be with the Rohan faction instead of Gondor?

My reason for suggesting this, is due to the fact of Rohan not having a really effective Mass Slayer (Eomer is good, but he is no Gandalf). Gandalf would be much better than Eomer. I figure, Gandalf’s ring mechanic could stay the same, he could be given his Narya stance change (as suggested by the community), and since Rohan is a travelling/nomadic like faction—this would fit and compliment Gandalf’s role that much more. The hay carts could even have firework carts which would allow Gandalf to utilize his erebor powers.

“But that seems like a lot of work dkbluewizard. Who would replace Gandalf with Gondor? And would Gandalf replace the Three Hunters at Rohan?”

The answer to the 3 Hunters would be yes. While I like the Hero unit, I feel we already have Aragorn, Gimli, and Legolas represented multiple times in the Lothlorien, Erebor, Gondor, and Ring-Hero Imladris faction. Gandalf the White would replace the Three Hunters spell on the Rohan power tree, and he would carry on his ring mechanic that he had from Gondor.

Now onto Gondor/Arnor who would replace Gandalf and who would be the ring hero. I would suggest Aragorn/Araphant become the Ring Hero, with them rejecting the One Ring and moving on to fulfill their Kingly destinies. Aragorn/Araphant would reject the ring and summon the King of the Dead to fulfill his oath. The King of the Dead becomes a playable hero for the faction and is a powerful character. He would no longer be summoned with the army of the dead spell, but instead would be recruited as a hero when the ring was found by Aragorn or Araphant. The Army of the Dead spell would still function as normal, but without the KotD.

The hero that would replace Gandalf would be another grey coated wanderer; since Arvedui gave his ring to this character, and then this character (or his descendant) later ransomed the artifact to the Rangers of the North. I say that the character that should replace Gandalf should be the Lossoth Chief.

Since the Lossoth Chief is a title, he would exist in both Arnor/Gondor faction. It would allow for the Lossoth to participate more in the game and it would be canonical.

But what do you all say about this idea? It is just a suggestion. If everyone is set with the way things are then I’ll move on to another suggestion that incorporates some of these ideas. But if people generally hate the idea of the Lossoth Chief being the replacement, I have other suggestions too. However, if everyone is content with the way things are, then just state that you are content with the way things are in the comments below:

Halbarad

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Soldat Gondors
Re: Gandalf for Rohan vs Gondor
« Antwort #1 am: 15. Mär 2020, 18:26 »
Rohan has Eomer, he got his spear and his level 10 abilty, besides that it now got Petardiers. So I don't think that it needs a new mass slayer. Besides that I think the idea could be interesting to put Gandalf into Rohan since he also played such a huge role in there.
He could be a good spell, he could for example appear combined with cloudburst for Rohan as a 10th spell with the side effect, that allied cav near to Gandalf gets more armor against spearman. He should get some different abilities that fit to his role in Rohan. Just the normal white Gandalf would be a bit boring.
I wouldn't delete Gandalf as a recruit able hero from Gondor, he does really fit in there. Deleting him from Arnor and exchanging him with e. g. another Istari could be interesting, I never really liked him that much over there and always wanted to see a more interesting hero.