28. Mär 2024, 09:50 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Lembas Bread: Reimplementation Proposal  (Gelesen 1579 mal)

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
Lembas Bread: Reimplementation Proposal
« am: 17. Mär 2020, 01:03 »
Hello all,

Lembas Bread, although not the most dynamic gameplay mechanic in 4.4 was one of the things I considered iconic about Lothlorien. It came as quite a surprise then when Lembas Bread was completely removed from regular troops, instead of reworked. Especially since the Galadhrim had stored quite a large amount of it and it would seem rather strange to me if they withheld the waybread from their own kin during times of war, no?

I believe it could be reworked and reimplemented as a form of healing unique to Lothlorien (Arnor's Bloodlines don't count here hehe). This is what I propose:

1. Lembas Storage Upgrade: Instead of the Safe Refuge upgrade, a Lembas Storage upgrade could be researched for similar pricing (1000-1500), allowing Lorien Elves to slowly heal out of combat wherever they might be. I feel this implementation is the simplest and also synergizes much better with the asymmetrical/guerilla-esque warfare that the Marchwardens are supposed to conduct, allowing them to stay in the field instead of being forced back to the base or use the cumbersome refuge in the woods spell (the way it is currently implemented anyway). A way to make it more micro-intensive as counterweight could be to have the ability be active, similar to Rumil & Orophin.
The question is where this would leave the Safe Haven upgrade. It could either be relocated to the Spellbook or removed depending on the circumstances (Refuge in the Woods and Safe Haven do seem a little similar, don't you agree?). Another obvious outlier would be the Galadhrim, which are now much heavier, but also more expensive. Them having Lembas Bread might push them over the top again like before. I hope we can discuss these things underneath.

2. Spellbook: Another implementation could be via the spellbook, replacing perhaps the Refuge in the Woods spell, but it might contradict a little bit with the defensive nature of that side of the spellbook, which I'm not a big proponent of. Perhaps either Safe Refuge or Refuge in the Woods could give Lothlorien units fear/terror resistance when fighting near their own buildings so that there are fewer healing abilities, and make sure it is less convoluted or stacked with healing abilities. After all, we have all seen how strong passive healing can be *cough* Rivendell Healing Fountains *cough*.

Nevertheless, the spells concerning healing in Lothlorien all seem fitting to me so I can somewhat see why Lembas was removed. I do feel, however, that it is too iconic to not be more prevalent for Lothlorien, and that brainstorming with you all might see it being reintroduced in some shape or form other than Rumil and Orophin's healing. Let me know what you guys think!

Cheers.
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”