28. Mär 2024, 12:32 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Faramir  (Gelesen 1530 mal)

Bogdan Hmel

• Thain des Auenlandes
Faramir
« am: 29. Mär 2020, 13:08 »
Greetings to fans of Edain mod!
My suggestion concerns Captain Gondor Faramir - his last ability. I believe that the skill to give experience is a common and boring ability.
I suggest paying attention to what the books say about Faramir. He was in the Dark Lands for a long time and steadfastly resisted evil. It was even rumored that he was "charmed."
Mablung (or Damrod) said: He leads now in all perilous ventures. But his life is charmed, or fate spares him for some other end.
I suggest calling the new skill “charmed”. It will be passive (I saw that Valkyrie welcomed ideas about new passive skills. I also think that passive skills are very interesting)
This ability will allow Faramir to dodge (or block) an enemy attack and spell with a probability of 25% (the probability can be balanced).
If this is technically impossible, I propose to make this skill different. Faramir gains immunity to poison and fire, as well as 50% magic resistance and increased health regeneration. When he has less than 30% HP left in battle, Faramir gains + 100% armor or + 50% armor and + 50% attack. All indicators can be balanced.

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
Re: Faramir
« Antwort #1 am: 29. Mär 2020, 13:16 »
There is a possibility for a dodge chance but we have never used it and I don't think it is a feature that is that fun ingame. Ability dodging is also always a bit tricky as can be seen with Gandalf or Glorfindel.

The alternative is possible, but personally I don't find it interesting. It isn't an ability that increases player interaction, gives the player something interesting to do, or even would feel that impactful ingame. Also, passive abilities being tied to low health values are a lot smoother and easier to implement if they are passive from level 1.

OakenShield224

• Elbischer Pilger
  • Welcome, my sister-sons, to the Kingdom of Erebor!
Re: Faramir
« Antwort #2 am: 29. Mär 2020, 13:30 »
I wouldn't mind giving Faramir something extra as he feels quite stale and not really that interesting to play with at the moment, even if he is effective. However, I'm not sure that this idea would be that great for a couple of reasons. Firstly, Faramir already has a big passive ability with his leadership. Giving him another passive ability on top of that would make him even less interesting to play with. Secondly, he's not really supposed to be the tank hero of Gondor as that role belongs to his older brother. It wouldn't really fit as well with his concept as a versatile ranger/knight leader as much.