28. Mär 2024, 14:59 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Umfrage

Gandalf was famous for fireworks and it is an incremental part of his character. Would you like to see the cart implemented?

Yes (I think Gandalf getting his firework cart would be cool)
4 (80%)
No (I am scared that Gandalf would become to OP and I like evil better anyways)
1 (20%)

Stimmen insgesamt: 5

Autor Thema: Arnor/Gondor Workshop and Gandalf  (Gelesen 1827 mal)

dkbluewizard2

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
Arnor/Gondor Workshop and Gandalf
« am: 31. Mär 2020, 00:30 »
Hello,

For a long time now many people have discussed and wanted Gandalf to field his Erebor abilities. I did this once (can't find the topic) and suggested that Gandalf could utilize his Firework cart by mounting shadowfax and then like the Witch King click his cart--I am wanting to step away from this and have Gandalf access these abilities in much the same manner that Saruman does but with a twist.

I feel the firework cart should be added to the Arnor/Gondor workshop, but instead of somebody pulling it, all you have to do is click the cart and Gandalf's abilities will change into his Erebor ones. It would work similar to Saruman's Wizard's Tower but clicking on the cart effects Gandalf wherever he is on the battlefield.

If Gandalf has used any of his old abilities then his Erebor abilities will be used for that slot.

I feel this should be implemented as all summoned characters get their abilities with their hero build in the citadels for their independent faction. Haldir is a good example of this.

I feel this should go in tangent with the Narya concept, and this would NOT make Gandalf overpowered, but merely offer a new innovative way for him to perform.

Gandalf's ring forms would utilize the Erebor powers but at an increased damage output just like his regular ring forms.

Halbarad

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Soldat Gondors
Re: Arnor/Gondor Workshop and Gandalf
« Antwort #1 am: 31. Mär 2020, 01:39 »
I don't think that his carrige would fit very well in the siege works. Over there, they build Gondors greatest siege engines and ... an old cart from Gandalf?
That doesnt fit very well in my opinion, it doesn't really fit to the abilities he has right now, Gandalf didn't use his firework in Gondor and he didn't use it to attack the enemies fortress or something. Also the fireworks weren't made by Gondorian Soldiers.
On the other Hand, I would like to see the dwarven Gandalf having the dragon rocket as an ability instead of just summoning the dragon with his staff:
Gandalf puts down the Rocket in the ground, lightens it up and short after that you got the Fireworkdragon as controllable unit for some time (model and animation are already implementet in Greenwings mission).

dkbluewizard2

« Antwort #2 am: 31. Mär 2020, 01:56 »
Well the Gondorians don't make the firework cart obviously, it is just placed there for Gandalf to use. Or if you prefer it could be at the stable or blacksmith. The point being is that like Saruman, Gandalf interacts with the building like Saruman does.

Also,
I don't think that his carrige would fit very well in the siege works. Over there, they build Gondors greatest siege engines and ... an old cart from Gandalf?
That doesnt fit very well in my opinion, it doesn't really fit to the abilities he has right now, Gandalf didn't use his firework in Gondor and he didn't use it to attack the enemies fortress or something. Also the fireworks weren't made by Gondorian Soldiers.

Well by the magic logic, then Gandalf shouldn't use most of his magic because he doesn't use most of those attacks against a fortress at all--in fact the spells we do see him use he only uses once.

Also by that logic, Sauron should never come out of his citadel.

dkbluewizard2

« Antwort #3 am: 20. Jul 2020, 08:04 »
Since Gandalf was a wanderer and he brought fireworks with him all over Middle Earth--I have come up with a new suggestion to help with this endeavor.

When Gandalf is able to mount, instead of immediately showing a mount/shadowfax, a cart appears. The cart would function like Sauron's Tol-in-Gaurhoth in that Gandalf selects the cart and places it on the ground somewhere.

Once this is done, the cart becomes like a mini building with the following options:

1. Detonate like an Isengard Mine but with beautiful colors.
2. Changes Gandalf's powers to reflect his Erebor persona as we have stated earlier.

After Gandalf drops the cart, he may then mount/dismount. Now if his cart is destroyed then he must either mount or dismount to get the cart to appear on his palantir again.

So essentially Gandalf can place the cart around like Sauron's Tol-in-Gaurhoth, but the power has a feeling like Witch King's mount--that is to say like the Witch King can switch between horse and fellbeast, Gandalf will be able to drop his cart somewhere and then mount or dismount.

What do you all think of this idea. I still don't think Gandalf would be OP from this.