28. Mär 2024, 13:07 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Game crashes after 15-30min of play  (Gelesen 2687 mal)

Cornholio

• Hobbit
Game crashes after 15-30min of play
« am: 12. Apr 2020, 17:54 »
Me and 2 of my friends are trying to play multiplayer skirmishes with each other, but all of us eventually get a crash somewhere between 15min to 30min of playtime.
We reinstalled several times, we've installed it the same way.. We use Hamachi to play with each other online. We usually play 5 or 6 player maps, 3 players vs 2 bots or 3 players vs 3 bots.
Here's the error. We all get game.dat errors. Not at the same time, but one of us always does.

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
Re: Game crashes after 15-30min of play
« Antwort #1 am: 12. Apr 2020, 17:58 »
The engine and the game are very old, this crash is caused by the game running out of memory and not being able to make full use of your computer's specs. The only fix for that is to lower your graphics (especially shadows) and to restart your game after every battle.
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Cornholio

• Hobbit
« Antwort #2 am: 12. Apr 2020, 18:00 »
Alright, we will try this! Thanks for a fast reply. I will come back with updates.

Cornholio

• Hobbit
« Antwort #3 am: 13. Apr 2020, 19:50 »
It did work better. But we found a different solution that we think worked better. We all had maximum graphics on a 4 player vs 4 bots map.
The solution was to change the pagefile for virtual memory, making it larger since for me personally it was by default at about 2GB.

Goroth

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
« Antwort #4 am: 9. Mai 2020, 19:56 »
The solution was to change the pagefile for virtual memory, making it larger since for me personally it was by default at about 2GB.

Hi Cornholio,

how did you do this?
I have the same problem.