28. Mär 2024, 15:38 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Rise of Angmar - v.1.1 out!  (Gelesen 2189 mal)

H4lbarad

• Pförtner von Bree
Rise of Angmar - v.1.1 out!
« am: 20. Apr 2020, 11:26 »
Companions of Edain,
Dear Friends,

I am proud to present you today my last work, the new open-world map:

Rise of Angmar

Dedicated to the Arnor faction of Edain Mod.

This is a multiplayer 2v2 map which represents the war between Arnor and Angmar. It contains Fornost, Rivendell, Carn Dûm and Fortress of Mount Gram.

The map has been made to be played 2v2, mostly multiplayer. Bottom left spot is Fornost, whis has to be Gondor faction. Bottom right is Rivendell, top left is Carn Dum and top right is Mount Gram. Mount Gram will be better with the Misty Mountains faction but sadly it is not released at this day. AI works quite well in every spot.

The gameplay of factions is not really changed because I wanted the map to be a "normal" skirmish map. Of course you will all start in fortresses but the gameplay of conquering settlements is there. I tried to balance the map the best I could.

I will let you discover the map by yourself but hereare some special features of the map:

- Rivendell can recruit Hobbits in Hobbit farm. Bandobras, Hobbit bowmen, donkey riders and even firework ballistas join the fight!
 - Arnor can recruit Earnur and Gondor Tower Guards in the Border Stronghold.
 - Gandalf's skillset has been reworked with some powers of Ered Luin Gandalf.
 - Rivendell can build Lothlorien outer fortress in outposts, and can recruit Celeborn and Galadhrim.
 - And many other things!

And last but not least, some screenshots here: https://www.moddb.com/groups/edain-community-content/addons/rise-of-angmar

Many thanks to the Edain Team for their help, and for their mod, because without Edain Mod my maps could never exist. :)

I'm looking forward to your feedback!
Have fun playing with your friends! :)

Download link: https://www.moddb.com/groups/edain-community-content/addons/rise-of-angmar
« Letzte Änderung: 22. Apr 2020, 16:51 von H4lbarad »

haudi

• Heiler von Imladris
Re: Rise of Angmar - new open-world map released!
« Antwort #1 am: 20. Apr 2020, 19:14 »
Thanks for your beautiful work! Will play it soon with 3 other friends and will report.
Would it be possible to put a summary of:
" Bottom left spot is Fornost, whis has to be Gondor faction. Bottom right is Rivendell, top left is Carn Dum and top right is Mount Gram. Mount Gram will be better with the Misty Mountains faction but sadly it is not released at this day. AI does not work in Fornost and Rivendell and MAY EVEN CAUSE CRASHES IN RIVENDELL. AI works quite well in Carn Dûm and Mount Gram." into the map description. It would help to play the map and prevent from gamecrashes eg.
Thanks a lot!
"Auge um Auge und die Welt erblindet!" - Gandhi

Ich würde mich ja gerne mit dir geistig duellieren - aber ich sehe du bist unbewaffnet

http://pendlerrechner.ipax.at/

H4lbarad

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #2 am: 21. Apr 2020, 09:43 »
Thank you for your message! I'm looking forward to your feedback :) you may be right for the description!

Have a good day :D

H4lbarad

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #3 am: 22. Apr 2020, 16:51 »
1.1 version out !!

1.1 CHANGELOG

- WORKING AI. Now AI is working in every spots and doesn't cause crashes anymore. Obviously, human players are still better than AI. ;)
- A few more settlements.
- Texts updated. For example, Gondor outpost doesn't show "Dol Amroth stronghold anymore" but "Gondor stronghold".
- Fornost fortress reworked a bit (walls with extensions at the top).
- Map description updated to give instructions.
- Many bugs and balance fixes
- A few cosmetic changes.

Download link updated.
Have fun! :)

Helper01

• Thain des Auenlandes
Re: Rise of Angmar - v.1.1 out!
« Antwort #4 am: 4. Sep 2021, 16:28 »
For the Rise of Angmar (v1.2) custom map by H4lbarad, if you play as Gondor in the spot specified, and play with all other AI in the spots specified, with Rivendell as a Medium level AI ally and the evil factions allied but your enemy, the game crashes automatically to the desktop with an Out of Memory error of some sort. However, if you play as just Gondor in that specific spot for that faction, without an ally AI, but up against two allied Medium level AI, the map seems to work just fine.