29. Mär 2024, 12:44 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Cortes Ered Mithrin  (Gelesen 1517 mal)

Cortes

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
Cortes Ered Mithrin
« am: 21. Sep 2020, 20:19 »
Hello you all,

since my interest in this game has re-awakened at least a bit, I can now finally do what I wanted to do some time ago, translating my german thread into english.
So, lets get started.

Yes, I know, there is already a Thread to this subject. However, since it has been a while since the last post was made and my concept, at least one of them, differentiates quite well from the concept there, I decided to make my own thread.

First things first, my suggestions are based on the idea of Dwarfs who are very small in numbers but extremely battle-hardened and who need to sustain themselves most if not all of the time.

VERSION 1

To put it simple, this version would allow the Iron Mountains to “gift” the Dwarfs of the Ered Mithrin an oupost, just like Angmar can do it. By paying 500 Resources, the Dwarfs of the Ered Mithrin take control of the outpost and this would lead to some changes.
This outpost can now recruit ONLY Dwarfs of the Ered Mithrin.
The expansion “Additional Hall of Warriors” is now a blend between Resourcebuilding and Healing Well.
The Outpost gets changed so it can have the Mighty Catapult.
The small building slots can now have trophies and additional Watchtowers with Hunters.

VERSION 2

This version is much bigger

BASTION & UPGRADES

As of now, the bastion costs 2000 Resources and this I would change to 1500, no matter the other changes of may concept.

Additional Hall of Warriors:
As of now, they are good for their price-point, function-wise but because of the overall theme of the concept, they would need some changes:
Price gets increased to 1000
Time of Recruitment of Ered Mithrin units is reduced by -50%
Increases command-points by +200
Allies close to the Bastion will be healed.

Dragon Trophy:
This upgrade would experience a complete rework. The original version is not bad but has the problem that monster tend to be limited once the creeps are done. Also, the amount of factions with monsters is rather limited as of now, only Angmar and Mordor have them. I suppose Misty Mountains will have Monsters too but beyond that? The 2 factions ye to be announced maybe? Who knows?
Thas is why I decided to change the Trophy.
Cost is increased to 1000 Resources
Allows recruitment of Dragon Slayer
Each Dragon Trophy increases armour and damage of Ered Mithrin Dwarfs by +15% map-wide
All enemy units close to this faction will receive malus of -25% to their damage.

Border Wardens:
Border Wardens brings the good bonus of +30% armour for summoned structures but has only a very small number of Hunters for the Bastion and costs 500 Resources. Some of that is good, some not so much, so that are the changes:
Does now cost 1000 Resources
Bonus of +30% to armour of summoned structures and +15% armour to the Bastion itself.
Bastion does now get 2 small towers and a battlement around the bastion to have enough room for 2 battalions of Hunters at least.

NEW:
The Great Tower:
Replaces the Mighty Catapult. For 1500 resources, the Bastion will now be equipped with a great tower that increases line of sight tremendously and unlock the Veteran-Upgrade. Afterwards, one of three upgrades could be installed.
Mighty Catapult: As usual but would now cost only 1000 resources.
Air Lance(The one that is supposed to get used against dragons together with black arrows, not sure what it is called in english): Costs 500 resources and could be used to sniped monsters and maybe heroes. Thought about enough damage to kill a troll with one hit.
Banner of the Dragonslayer: Costs 250 resources and cheapens the units of Ered Mithrin by 50%. No weapon though.

NEW:
The Grey Forge:
New upgrade for the Bastion. Invest 1000 resources and on top of the entrance you will get a forge with following effects:
Resource-production increased by +100%
Unlocks “Protective Mask” Upgrade
Reduces Cooldown of Migthy Catapult and Air Lance by 25%
Unlocks “Boiling Oil” ability of Bastion

UPGRADES:
There is a reason as to why I put the upgrades of the Bastion to a price of 1000 resources each. That is because of a special ability:
Survivor(sound better then in german, lol):
Basically each Bastion-upgrade unlocks now a passive ability to the Dwarfs of the Ered Mithrin.
Additional Hall of Warriors: Killed units will be replaced 30% faster
Dragon Trophy: Units will be fearless and can loot resources from killed enemies
Border Wardens: Units move 20% faster
Grey Forge: Defensive Stance now gives +15% Armour and Offensive Stance +15% damage

Aside from this, the Grey Dwarfs would get the following:
Veteran-Upgrade:
The Dwarfs of the Ered Mithrin do not follow a banner, they follow warriors. Dwarfs of the Grey Mountains, veterans amongst veterans. Zealots in Heavy Armour, with half-length Capes and much better stats who are making their battalions immune against trampling (not going down anymore when run over by cavalry or trolls or hit by monsters) and speed up their EXP-gaining by +25%.

UNITS:
Aside from Zealots, Hunters and Dragon Slayer the Ered Mithrin would now get another unit, the new standard unit, so to speak. It just seemed odd for that every warrior should be already a veteran at one hand while only having a price/use ratio like a normal unit or been placed as such. Just did not really fit for me.

Again, here I came up with different versions.

Version1
Miners:
Living in the Grey Mountains is harsh and attacks from Orcs or worse are not rare. More often then not Dwarfs do not have really the time to grab Weapon and Shield and they may use whatever they have at hand. Especially when they work in the mines. The Miners of Ered Mithrin are a seasoned bunch, ready to use their pickaxes on the battlefield as much they use them in the mines.
Upgrades/Abilities would be as followed:
Abilities:
Survivor
Stonebreaker: +100% Bonus damage against structures and heavy armour.
Upgrades:
Veterans
Forged Blades

Version 2
Ranger:
Many Dwarfs within the Grey Mountains live in the mines and fortresses they can hold, always making sure to defend them against orcs and worse threats. But there are also some Dwarfs leaving this havens of safeness, working as scouts and messengers to warn their brothers against the attacks and to start surprise attacks out of the wilderness.
Survivor
Hiding, passive, Level 1: Unit can hide amongst trees.
Upgrades:
Veterans
Fire Arrows

Of course one can choose both units but I wanted at least one new unit.
Now, to the units already known.

Zealots:
They would not get changed much, only increasing their price to something between 300 to 400 and adjust their stats accordingly.
Ability:
Survivor
Frenzy, aktiv, level 1: +30% attack speed for 20 seconds.
Upgprade:
Veterans
Heavy Armour
Forged Blade

Hunter:
Even less changes then the Zealots. Only reduce their price by around 100.
Abilities:
Nail Down: Works like it does now
Survivor
Upgrades:
Veterans
Heavy Armour
Forged Blade

Dragon Slayer:
Now we get to the big rework. They would get completely overhauled. They lose their mace/club/whatever it is called, keeping only the sword and they also loose all unit-upgrades but they can now reach level 10. They now get a shield and get a price increase up to 1000 and get limited to 3 and get a slot among the hero section. They really become the new hero of Ered Mithrin and would already wear heavy armour from the beginning design-wise.
Aside from this, they get their own set of abilities and upgrades:
Protection Mask Upgrade: Face Mask with extensions for the beard. +25% armour against Fire, Poison and Magic
Level 1: Scalebreaker, active – Within space of 30 seconds, attack speed is increased by +25% and damage by +50%
Level 1: Famous Warriors and Monster Slayers, passive: Allied Dwarfs close to them gain bonus to damage and armour and the Dragon Slayers themselves are immune to fear and cannot be trampled over.
Level 2: Dragonscale Shield, passive: +70% armour against ranged attacks and fire
Level 5: Wound healer, passive: Dwarfs close to them are healing themselves as long as they do not fight

Extra Wish: Changed design of Heavy Armour
I stumbled over pictures with the original design of the Ered Mithrin Dwarfs
https://modding-union.com/index.php?topic=31912.0
and I LOVE them, especially the Dwarf to the right at picture number 3 and the dwarf to the right at picture number 6. But I can also understand the critiques on this designs. That is why I would wish that at least the Heavy Armour gets a scale-like design and that shoulder pads get a bit smaller.
Partly to remember of this wonderful original design and partly because at least the shoulder pads strike me as too big and heavy for monster slayers.

Lastly, I only put numbers up because it makes things easier for me, I did this because I sometimes enjoy maining an oupost-faction and here is link for german thread.
https://modding-union.com/index.php/topic,36212.0.html
Though nothing has ever happened there

Ideas? Opinion?
Elder Scrolls braucht ein RTS.