29. Mär 2024, 00:10 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: The Road to Edain 4.6: Your feedback  (Gelesen 6581 mal)

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
« Letzte Änderung: 5. Apr 2022, 21:18 von Elendils Cousin 3. Grades »

steadii

• Gast
Re: The Road to Edain 4.6: Your feedback
« Antwort #1 am: 24. Dez 2020, 20:29 »
I really like that! It seems that outposts/settlements will be used differently when dragons and creeps are part of spellbook.
Also is quite interesting that there is none spell dedicated to Smaug, so it will be interesting to see his ring hero concept. I agree actually that he should be separated from the faction (thats why he is not part of the spellbook), but when he enters the battlefield it should be wau.

Dainchad34

• Hobbit
  • AXES OF THE DWARVES ARE UPON YE FUCKERS!
Re: Der Weg zu Edain 4.6: Euer Feedback
« Antwort #2 am: 16. Mär 2021, 15:32 »
I wish to ask the mod creators of edain to join and set up a discord for the mod proper
as most of your english fanbase barely get anyone outside of a group of friend to play with.
Considering this as well
Mordor is somehow outspammed by rohan peasants without the draft ability
their basic orcs need more to at least make them feasibly stronger as an upgrade.
Perhaps making the overseers an influence instead of power because we've found out the overseers are practically useless
maybe make the overseers act as minor heroes where instead of ataching them to an unit they'd provide buffs but need to be microed in order to be put to good use as we've found out for some reason Rohan Peasants without draft can hold their own with hammers and sickels can hold their own against orc smitars and shields.
A faithful fan-

I've always stood by the stubborness of the dwarves,

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
Re: Re: Der Weg zu Edain 4.6: Euer Feedback
« Antwort #3 am: 16. Mär 2021, 15:49 »
Welcome to the forum,

The Edain Team has mentioned that they do not have an interest in running a discord server for the mod as they find it too time-consuming. However, there exist edain discord servers already managed by fans of the mod, I'll link the biggest English one:  https://discord.gg/5GhZezy

In the future, when posting make sure to post in the English section, it helps keep the conversations organised: https://modding-union.com/index.php#c43

If you have anymore feedback feel free to post it here: https://modding-union.com/index.php/board,96.0.html

Your post will probably be moved soon by a moderator to the correct thread

EDIT: Post has been moved
« Letzte Änderung: 16. Mär 2021, 16:46 von The_Necromancer0 »
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
« Antwort #4 am: 21. Mai 2021, 21:11 »
Edain 4.6: Goblin-town, Part I

Tell us your feedback concerning Goblin-town new build-system.

Malhakai

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #5 am: 5. Sep 2021, 07:19 »
I absolutely love the spellbook for the Misty Mountains! Sounds absolutely perfect to me. You have done so well following the book lore and coming up with this spellbook!

I must say, when I read the watcher ability I was half expecting to read a version of the same spell for the Balrog as the 'defensive' ultimate spell. As much as that would have been cool too, I much prefer the dragon lair. What a great ultimate 'defensive' spell!

I am so excited for Misty Mountains.

Well done :-)

AulëTheSmith

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #6 am: 2. Jan 2022, 19:22 »
Hello ET and all the community, it's been a while since i post here!  :)

First of all i wish to you all a very happy and successfull 2022!

As a big fan of Smaug, as you probably know from the concept i designed 4 years ago here on MU (it's unbelievable how fast the time runs  [ugly]), i'd like to submit my feedback on the matter (let's see if i still remember how to set properly a MU post :D)
I'll split the discussion in two:

Part 1:Abilities

I'm overall very happy of what you guys designed for him. The abilities and powers of the Mighty One are mostly what we can espect from the old 4.0 MM articles.

The Leveling up system based on building destruction  really  the character
Very balanced and consistent with Smaug's nature the mechanic of Greed of the Golden Dragon: you have to sacrifice your own building (or an ally one) to make him grow in power until the maximum level. Marvellous!

In the past i thought about a final ability of Smaug which can include Dragon Strike Animation and his devasting flames, but since you bring back the vanilla's spellbook power i guess this inclusion is no more possible (unless there's still a free spot in the ring form  xD).
i'm not a big fan of Fireball, in my mind the possibility of give specific shapes to fire it belongs to wizards like gandalf (fireworks) and Saruman.
By the way I find very ingenious the possibility to fuel the flames via the wing blast!
It brings the two fire abilities to another level.
It remainds me when the Eagles blow on the flames to burn Wargs in the first Hobbit movie!
An idea for the ring form could be to make the flames last more (or in alternative to spread faster!) and give them a diffent color!

Hypnotic Gaze: i guess is not going to affect ring heroes/main leaders of the factions? The topic has been discussed deeply in the community and i can see there are still some doubts about the matter here and there.

To conclude, i'm looking forward to know, in an article which will be released Soon™, how do you guys managed to introduce Smaug in game as permanent hero, and also what is in store for the other MM Heroes that have not been introduced yet :)

Part 2: Design

1.Texture

Let me start comparing the Old and the New:

I really like the new darker color you chose. Also the wings feels much more realistic and less "Cartoonish" which respect to the old one and in this way there is much more evenness/uniformity. Well done!
if I'd suggest something about the new skin, i'd say there could be i little bit more regarding the pattern and dimensions of the dragon scales. For the rest i've nothing to add more!

1.Model

In my opinion the choice of keeping the model and relative bonded animation of the Summoned Dragon (SD) is the right one.
If i'm not wrong there are two different versions in BFME and ROTWK of SD, which differs from both animation and model point of view. The one that originates Edain Smaug is the most proper one,especially on the ground. Its animation gives that sense of Snaky/serpent-like dragon, which both The Professor and also Weta D. in the  movies intend to depict.

What i would like instead to point out, is that the current model, focusing on the eyes, mouth and muzzle in general, lacks of that "Evil" kind of character of Smaug, as well as doesn't give the feeling of a kind of intelligent (almost human in some face expressions). It is a bit general and "wild" dragon design and and doesn't give that kind of "over the average" feeling. A practical example is Drogoth:

Even though back at the time was not so much a detailed and sophisticated design, it gives that kind of Sharpness, smartness and sense of leadership that stand out with respect to, so to say, "lesser" drakes.

Hope my explanation was clear  :)

In the end, I'm not that kind of Edain fan that want an exact movie-like 4 legs version at every cost. It would require a huge work and, if i'm up to date with the current state of the team, only two members are in charge of modeling and graphic department.
It's so the right decision to concentrate their effort where needed.

To be totally honest, between the demand "Movie design at every cost" and answer "It's just very close to the movies"/"It's totally fine like it is" there is still a good "middle ground" of discussion,  in my view, on how to improve the current model preserving Edain Style and uniqueness.

Keeping in mind that for is you an hobby, and that here on MU discussions must be fueled by the common ET and fans passion for Books and movies, here i have make a quick sketch of a "Smaugy" version of S.D. inspired by the hobbit movies just to give you the idea of what i meant. Some clarifications about it:

- It's not a w3d model it's a digital drawing from a screenshot
   - Some details could be improved futher such as scales, fangs, and spines. It's just
     to give you the idea of what i meant. I'm sorry drawing it's not my main field  ;)
   - proportions of both original dragon and Smaug version could seem distorted, it's
     because i cannot find a better angle on w3d viewer.
   - Being myself not a modeler, for simplicity i kept the original colors, but you can
     easily figure out how could be way way better with the new red skin recently
     showcased.

Keep up the good work and looking forward to see more about the long desired Gobbos  xD

Forever and ever your fan

Aulë

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
« Antwort #7 am: 15. Jan 2022, 14:47 »
A bit late, but thanks for the detailed feedback Aule! Very nice to hear from you again :)

Good to hear you like it overall, even though you had your own very detailed concept for him^^. Hypnotic Gaze probably won't be able to be used on heroes carrying the One Ring, but we'll see. It is no longer a full conversion, because we felt that was too powerful for what Smaug did anyway - Bilbo didn't suddenly fight on Smaug's side against the Dwarves, but his faith was shaken for a while. Ingame, an ability that temporarily renders a hero unable to fight because he has his doubts about his allies seemed like the proper implementation of this. Everybody can have doubts for a short while, especially when confronted by Smaug.

Watcher

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #8 am: 6. Feb 2022, 12:08 »
Have the Misty-Mountain Settlements and Outposts already been decided? Would making suggestions towards them be viable?
"The pool is up to the west-gate..."

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
« Antwort #9 am: 6. Feb 2022, 14:55 »
Mostly yes, but if you want to share an idea, you are of course free to do so. We are always happy about thoughtful suggestions :)

Watcher

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #10 am: 6. Feb 2022, 17:27 »
Okay, thank you  :)

Watcher

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #11 am: 11. Jul 2022, 11:40 »
I've got a quick question about the Misty-Mountains.

In the spellbook, there's the "Untamed Allegiance" spell, which summons a lair. Along with this you also get "Pact of Hatred" which gives control of a lair.

My question: Are the lairs summoned wild? And, if so, do they drop treasure?

Photti

• Edain Team
  • Seher der Elben
« Antwort #12 am: 11. Jul 2022, 11:52 »
My question: Are the lairs summoned wild? And, if so, do they drop treasure?
Simple answer to both questions, yes.
Danke an CMG für den Avatar und an Caun für das Banner!

Watcher

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #13 am: 11. Jul 2022, 11:58 »
Won't that amount to free recourses and experience from summoning and killing the lair?

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
« Antwort #14 am: 11. Jul 2022, 17:47 »
If you choose to do that, yes. It is one of the possible ways to benefit from the spell.