[en] - Modding Corner > Mapping

Assistance with Training Map

(1/3) > >>

Atrael:
Hello modders!

I'm brand new here and new to Edain mod.  I was hoping someone could help me out.  I'm looking to have a map or situation where I can play skirmish against the ai with either limitless or enhanced resources to try different things quickly and mess around.

Are there scripts/mods/maps that this has already been done for someone could point me to?  If not- can you set me on the path to figuring out how to do this myself?

Appreciate the help!

Edhelharn:
Hey, welcome to the forum :)

I will try to link you a test map let me know if it works.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/340131111034421248/703258903470931988/map_mp_fords_of_isen_ii.rar

Atrael:
No unfortunately it did not, but I appreciate your attempt.

The map loads in with a different screen resolution, and I didn't notice any change to the resource system.

I tried to open a map from a map pack download for 4 players and add a script for player 1 to receive extra cash, but not only did the script not execute but it seemed a lot of the games assets didn't load properly when I saved it under a new file name.

Atrael:
Okay good news- I figured out how to make the script do what I wanted based on a known starting position.  So now all I need is a good vanilla Edain map pack or file source.

There are a few maps I enjoy playing on but they aren't in my maps folder so I can't modify them.  Where can I download vanilla edain maps?

Birds:
You can extract the maps you like from the edain_maps.big in the folder you have installed edain. To open those .big files you just need finalbig.

Navigation

[0] Themen-Index

[#] Nächste Seite

Zur normalen Ansicht wechseln