28. Mär 2024, 17:57 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Assistance with Training Map  (Gelesen 5428 mal)

Atrael

• Bilbos Festgast
Assistance with Training Map
« am: 8. Jan 2021, 04:46 »
Hello modders!

I'm brand new here and new to Edain mod.  I was hoping someone could help me out.  I'm looking to have a map or situation where I can play skirmish against the ai with either limitless or enhanced resources to try different things quickly and mess around.

Are there scripts/mods/maps that this has already been done for someone could point me to?  If not- can you set me on the path to figuring out how to do this myself?

Appreciate the help!

Edhelharn

• Edain Betatesting
  • Thain des Auenlandes
Re: Assistance with Training Map
« Antwort #1 am: 8. Jan 2021, 17:28 »
Hey, welcome to the forum :)

I will try to link you a test map let me know if it works.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/340131111034421248/703258903470931988/map_mp_fords_of_isen_ii.rar

Atrael

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #2 am: 9. Jan 2021, 03:47 »
No unfortunately it did not, but I appreciate your attempt.

The map loads in with a different screen resolution, and I didn't notice any change to the resource system.

I tried to open a map from a map pack download for 4 players and add a script for player 1 to receive extra cash, but not only did the script not execute but it seemed a lot of the games assets didn't load properly when I saved it under a new file name.

Atrael

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #3 am: 9. Jan 2021, 04:20 »
Okay good news- I figured out how to make the script do what I wanted based on a known starting position.  So now all I need is a good vanilla Edain map pack or file source.

There are a few maps I enjoy playing on but they aren't in my maps folder so I can't modify them.  Where can I download vanilla edain maps?

Birds

• Edain Team
  • Bibliothekar Bruchtals
« Antwort #4 am: 9. Jan 2021, 09:13 »
You can extract the maps you like from the edain_maps.big in the folder you have installed edain. To open those .big files you just need finalbig.

Atrael

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #5 am: 9. Jan 2021, 14:38 »
You can extract the maps you like from the edain_maps.big in the folder you have installed edain. To open those .big files you just need finalbig.

Would you mind explaining how I would do that for the Celebrant map?  I downloaded finalbig but when I open any big files everything looks like gibberish.

Atrael

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #6 am: 9. Jan 2021, 14:52 »
Alright progress.  I have every file extracted with the exception of celebrantfields.map.  Every time I try to engage with it in FinalBig it freezes.

Birds

• Edain Team
  • Bibliothekar Bruchtals
« Antwort #7 am: 9. Jan 2021, 15:00 »
You can see how the individual files are called on the left side. When clicking on the .map file it sometimes freezes. But as long as you leave it and dont start clicking around it will load it and then you can extract it like the rest. I just tried it and maybe waited 30s. If nothing else works you can extract all but i doubt that you need all maps.
once the .map is extracted you can edit tha map in worldbuilder.

Atrael

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #8 am: 9. Jan 2021, 18:49 »
You can see how the individual files are called on the left side. When clicking on the .map file it sometimes freezes. But as long as you leave it and dont start clicking around it will load it and then you can extract it like the rest. I just tried it and maybe waited 30s. If nothing else works you can extract all but i doubt that you need all maps.
once the .map is extracted you can edit tha map in worldbuilder.

Eureka! It works! Thank you!

Atrael

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #9 am: 10. Jan 2021, 13:48 »
Does anyone know why Set Max Spell Purchase Points doesn't work as a script?  Is it that Edain uses a different system for power points?

Anyone know how to script those?

Birds

• Edain Team
  • Bibliothekar Bruchtals
« Antwort #10 am: 10. Jan 2021, 14:14 »
The script works fine for me.
Maybe your script doesn't get triggerd properly.
Also you probably can't increase the max spell pounts possible, but that's not necessary anyways. If you give yourself spellpoints with a other script, it could also bypass the max script.

Atrael

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #11 am: 10. Jan 2021, 17:14 »
Maybe I'm using the wrong script then- which one gives spell points?

Birds

• Edain Team
  • Bibliothekar Bruchtals
« Antwort #12 am: 10. Jan 2021, 17:38 »
Max Spell Points says how many points you can get(Some Missions want players to get less points)
Player -> Experience -> Set Rank Level gives Spell Points at the beginning or some other trigger.

Atrael

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #13 am: 10. Jan 2021, 18:17 »
Max Spell Points says how many points you can get(Some Missions want players to get less points)
Player -> Experience -> Set Rank Level gives Spell Points at the beginning or some other trigger.

Thank you!