28. Mär 2024, 20:04 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: [Arnor] Ring Heroes  (Gelesen 2707 mal)

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
[Arnor] Ring Heroes
« am: 13. Jan 2021, 12:29 »
Arnor's ring heroes aren't bad in any means, but they are definitely not on par with the other ring heroes, especially the more recent ones.

Arvedui
Arvedui has some powerful abilities, but he's also in quite a weird spot. His abilities make sense but they just need some tweaking and/or re-ordering.

The King's Demand: Currently this gives between 1/3rd and 1/6th of the exp required to level up, which means you have to use it 3 to 6 times to level up once in addition to being next to a farm. Also, because you get it quite late you don't really to make full use of it and once you reach level 10 it becomes useless, unless you're really into stopping your buildings from producing.

Malbeth's Prophecy:
A powerful ability, but not really useful in the context of a ring hero. Ring Heroes are mostly used against AI players and as such, the ability to disable abilities and experience is not very useful against a player that does not really obey the rules of exp gain and rarely uses abilities.

Now because Arvedui has two subpar abilities he is often overlooked as a Ring Hero, despite its power. I can definitely agree that Arnor is a great faction to give the ring to, usually when I play Arnor getting the ring is more of a secondary objective. My suggestions:

The King's Demand:
  • Increase exp, at level 5 it should grant half the required exp to level up
  • Change the range to global so that Arvedui doesn't have to walk all the way to a farm to get the experience
  • At level 10: Becomes the King's Command: Arvedui demands that his people keep him safe, for his survival is of paramount importance. Arvedui marks an allied battalion of Palace Guards as his personal bodyguards, as long as he remains near that battalion, Arvedui will gain +10% armor, but the battalions will lose 20% damage. This ability can stack up to +50% armor based on the number of marked battalions Arvedui is near.
  • Potentially this ability could also be swapped with his level 3 so that the player can make better use of it early on. In exchange, the level 3 could receive a buff, either increased duration or a reduced speed debuff.

Malbeth's Prophecy:
Like most good faction, Arnor has many ways to buff itself but very few ways to debuff the enemy. I think it would be good if perhaps, this ability provided also a way to debuff the enemy. Maybe something along the lines of:
" Over time the rumours of the prophecy spread, units near the marked hero fear for their lives, afraid of prophecies. Units near the enemy hero lose fear resistance and damage, over time this debuff increases in strength. At the final stage of the debuff, enemy units within the vicinity of the hero frequently cower in fear/flee in terror"

Gandalf
Gandalf for the most part is fine, it's only really his speed and friendly fire that makes him such a painful ring hero to use.

For him, I think simply removing his speed debuff and the friendly fire on his basic attack should fix him for the most part. You already lose the ability to mount when you give Gandalf the Grey the ring so reducing his foot speed on top of that seems a little overkill.

For the fear effect, I'm not sure. Keeping the fear resistance debuff should be fine, but I think that the fear effect that Gandalf generates should probably only affect enemies. Like this the player's army is vulnerable to fear but at least there is not immediate downside to gandalf being with the army.

« Letzte Änderung: 18. Mai 2021, 15:50 von The_Necromancer0 »
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

tolgayurdal

• Gast
Re: [Arnor] Ring Heroes
« Antwort #1 am: 13. Jan 2021, 17:30 »
Arvedui +1

dkbluewizard2

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
Re: [Arnor] Ring Heroes
« Antwort #2 am: 18. Mai 2021, 02:49 »