29. Mär 2024, 09:19 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Edain Mod 4.5 - "Epic Battle" mode not working + CP editing with Final Big?  (Gelesen 3958 mal)

Exile Ainur

• Hobbit
Hi y'all! So I recently came back to playing Rotwk after a couple years off and I got the Edain Mod back for Windows 10. Everything went fine and I had no problems but now I got an issue with the skirmish game modes.

As the title said the "Epic Battle" mode where you get 3000 start Command Points doesn't seem to work for me. I think it only worked the first time I played skirmish with Dwarves in Dol Amroth but after that it keeps spawning me with only 500 CP each time. I tried loading several times and I saw no changes. Is this an isolated case or an Edain problem? I really wanted to play with big armies from the start and have more fun but I get too stressed with only 500 CP (especially playing with Imladris). Is there any way to solve this problem?

Additionally. I would like to ask If any of you know how to modify the command points in Edain since the Epic Battle gamemode doesn't function. I used Final Big and edited "gamedata.ini" but that was the Rowtk one not the Edain one. Then I went to "gamedata.inc" from the "___edain_data.big" files and couldn't find a proper option to modify the faction CP. I saw some forums where they would recommend editing the command points of the maps and with worldbuilder which bugs me cause I'm not an expert on coding and I thought I could easily change the CP with Final Big as I used to do for Rotwk and Bmfe II.

Any form of help would be apreciated. I really don't know what to do.

Halbarad

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Soldat Gondors
Just try out playing Epic Battle and buy one CP-Upgrade. You'll get more then enough CP. ;)

Exile Ainur

• Hobbit
LMFAO I just figured it out! I thought it was a bug but apparently the 3000 command points only apply once you get one CP upgrade thank you!! I stopped playing a couple years ago so I forgot some features and how the worked now this whole post makes no sense lol

Halbarad

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Soldat Gondors
Well that makes sense because it was changed some versions ago (I don't specifically know why or if it was intended, but it came along with the change of the command upgrade system). In Edain 4.4.1 for example you started Epic Battle and Legendary Heroes mode with more CP than in normal battle mode.

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
If I remember correctly, it was one of the changes to combat the cp bug.

Alf321

• Hobbit
Do you know if this is disabled in certain maps?

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
When playing on fortress maps, the fortress player has a set amount of CP, independ of the gamemode.