28. Mär 2024, 18:05 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Eowyn rework disguise ability  (Gelesen 1331 mal)

turin.turambar

• Bilbos Festgast
Eowyn rework disguise ability
« am: 17. Mai 2021, 17:25 »
So the disguise ability from Eowyn is, as it stands, very much useless in my opinion, as it changes only the design of Eowyn, leading to her being harder to recognise by human players, as her model is the one of a standard rohirrim. While this ability is very iconic of unmodded game, it doesn't really has any usefulness as it stands.

For this reason, I'd suggest reworking it to make it more interesting and add to the ability a meaningful choice. The design rework could stay, as I love keeping the iconic things from base game. The choice would be between Eeowyn disguised or undisguised, but the disguise effect could be to give her more armour if there are rohirrim around her (this way enemy player or ai would be disincentived from targetting her when rohirrim are around her).

The not disguised version could have a very low leadership (eventually only for heroes ? Because they know the shieldmaiden of Rohan fight alongside them, and most Rohan heroes know her worth and know her directly and personnaly, at least Theoden and Eomer who are her very family), eventually along a lowered armour as she stands out (and gameplay wise, it could balance her a bit as a new leadership effect would probably be deemed quite strong).

let me know what you think of this suggestion / any edit you'd like to see made.

IN FAVOUR :

The necromancer (at least some rework of the ability, not exactly this suggestion as it stands)

OPPOSED :
« Letzte Änderung: 18. Mai 2021, 16:24 von turin.turambar »

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
Re: Eowyn rework disguise ability
« Antwort #1 am: 18. Mai 2021, 15:58 »
I'm also in favour of some sort of rework for disguise. The armour from nearby Rohirrim can be an interesting addition and on top of that there could also be an added debuff to her attack, so the player has a choice between a more offensive hero when regularly mounted or a more defensive hero when disguised.

Disguise would still transform her model to look like a rohirrim but not with this additional mechanic of looking like a battalion. I suppose you could also leave the stealth as long as she is near a rohirrim (or other mounted rohan units).
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Halbarad

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Soldat Gondors
Re: Eowyn rework disguise ability
« Antwort #2 am: 19. Mai 2021, 17:42 »
I like the idea to add another effect to the ability, making it more interesting to use it against AI.
I don't really like the idea of Eowyn just giving additional armor or damage to all nearby allied heroes, since that would make hero spam even stronger than it is now. It also would take away the focus of her to kill enemy heroes. Also in the lore, they didn't really wanted to include her into the fight.
However, there could be included another quality of her character in terms of caring for others like she did for Merry, when she was taking him into the fight, for Theoden, when she was caring for him while he was corrupted by Saruman. So she doesn't inspire all heroes close to her, she selects one hero that needs her help and tries to protect him.
So maybe it could be like this:
Dernhelm: Eowyn disguises as a Rohan Soldier and gets +15% armor
Eowyn: Eowyn takes of her disguise and protects a nearby hero, giving him +15% armor.

So the ability "Eowyn" would automatically strengthen Merry when riding together. It doesn't really strengthen hero-spam, since it only protects one hero and its also useful against enemy heroes, since the allied hero close to her doesn't die as fast, if he and Eowyn are fighting an enemy hero together.
Dernhelm was her name as Rohan soldier, I think this could be fitting but we could also continue using the current names.