19. Apr 2024, 15:29 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Laucher will not update  (Gelesen 904 mal)

cousincoffee

• Hobbit
Laucher will not update
« am: 17. Aug 2021, 14:57 »
Hello, I am having the following issue when trying to update the launcher.

"Oops, something went wrong...
Exception Message: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden."

Please see attached log also

Ive not played Edain in a while, but it was already installed on my laptop and i was running 4.5. Now i know there has been an update since i last played, 4.5.5 needs to be the latest as far as i know. However i am having issues with the launcher updating. I have spent the past 2 hours trawling through the forum to see if i could find a fix without having to uninstall and reinstall the game entirely. Before i do, i would like to check that nobody else has any suggestions (i will have to redownload the games in their entirety, as my disk drive is shot)

Old laptop, running win 7. Never had any issues, specifically put older games on here to play whilst bored at work. I have no anti-virus and the firewall has been disabled (But still has Edain launcher as an exception) which is what other people who have had similar issues problem has been, doesnt seem to be the case here?!

I should also note that the launcher will not allow me to press the update button myself, i have the check the auto update box, close and reopen and only then do i get the message. It also looks like its searching but never gets past that.
« Letzte Änderung: 17. Aug 2021, 15:01 von cousincoffee »

Turin Turumbar

• Administrator
  • Hüter von Anduril
Re: Laucher will not update
« Antwort #1 am: 19. Aug 2021, 00:11 »
Are you using a VPN? It seems our server is not allowing you to connect to it and it might be based on a VPN or local network restrictions.

cousincoffee

• Hobbit
Re: Laucher will not update
« Antwort #2 am: 19. Aug 2021, 01:04 »
Ahh now this was something that didnt occur to me, i was trying to do it at work to kill some time and yes they do use a VPN there, so i shall update it from home! thank you very much haha