28. Mär 2024, 17:32 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Edain with Reshade, anyone?  (Gelesen 2178 mal)

IgRAzm

• Bilbos Festgast
Edain with Reshade, anyone?
« am: 20. Aug 2021, 01:02 »
Hi there. I've looked around recently and didn't find many presets for BFME 2 ROTWK, just one or two. They weren't that good nor optimized though, so I've eventually figured out how to make them and tuned one for myself.

Here are the screenshots for comparison (my shaders and shadows were on low, because of out of memory crashes in multiplayer games if it is higher; if you use the 4gb patch and max settings, your game will look even better in single player).

ITS ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE TO LOAD HIGH QUALITY IMAGES TO THE FORUM, DONT ASK ME NO I WONT NEVERMORE NEVER AGAIN IMGUR 4LIFE

Player bases with and without preset

The_Yolo_Man as Angmar vs Smeargollum as Mordor

The one I used on the screenshots above is preset high saturation, but there are 4 presets in the pack.

Here they are compared next to each other (no preset; preset high saturation; preset high saturation + details; preset even more saturation; preset even more saturation + details).

Rohan base in different looks

Of course, with details it eats more fps, which really slows the game in big battles; outside of them the difference is small. The presets without details are quite efficient in my experience, and only ever drop significantly during some spells like lorien's mist or angmar's plague. I've used the effects that seemed to give the most benefit for the least cost to performance. I didn't change the game's gamma for example.
You may of course edit the presets to whatever suits you best. I might share more presets if I will find some cool different setup, but for now the main one seems good enough.

A quick guide on installation:
  • Download Reshade from the official site

• Select the .exe file of ROTWK with Edain installed (named lotrbfme2ep1.exe probably) 

• Choose DirectX3D 9 as the rendering API

• Now you may put my presets(here) into the game's core folder.

When launching the game there will be a small tutorial on how to use reshade, and you will need to set keys to turn presets on and off, and to open reshade window; I also advise to add a key for performance mode, which makes loading of the effects faster.
Here is an official guide for reshade. It will explain some things in more detail.
« Letzte Änderung: 20. Aug 2021, 01:15 von IgRAzm »

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
Re: Edain with Reshade, anyone?
« Antwort #1 am: 20. Aug 2021, 01:10 »
We included SweetFX with the release of Edain 4.0, but due to a majority of the community experiencing massive crashes, we removed that feature 6 years ago.

IgRAzm

• Bilbos Festgast
Re: Edain with Reshade, anyone?
« Antwort #2 am: 20. Aug 2021, 01:20 »
I see. Maybe they became better with time, or those SweetFX effects were much heavier. I didn't see any difference whether I had graphics at medium to low, I mean the shadow and shader settings - no crashes there, while at high settings they happened both with and without presets.