28. Mär 2024, 09:53 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Walkable, Free-form Build Walls  (Gelesen 1155 mal)

Helper01

• Thain des Auenlandes
Walkable, Free-form Build Walls
« am: 4. Sep 2021, 02:10 »
I want to offer a bit of a different idea for certain, unique kinds of maps, if I may. What if on certain camp maps there was an ability to build free-form build walkable walls in limited areas. Think what the mod The Last Hope of the Third Age did with its walkable walls. This could be an interesting juxtaposition with castle maps: The ability to fortify certain areas in camp maps like a castle! We know ROTWK has this incredible feature in its programming, as per the aforementioned mod, yet it's something I don't think I've ever seen any other mod do. Yet it adds so much potential to gameplay that seems perfect for Edain!

It's not necessarily something I recommend for all camp maps, either. And maybe only certain factions could do it, and could only do it by building certain structures in key areas. And it would need to come at a high monetary cost to keep it balanced. I don't know, just thinking out loud here. But given that a big part of Edain is about cool siege tactics, but camp maps largely do away with that functionality, walkable free-form build walls could be a unique way to maintain that gameplay style on such maps while maintaining the integrity and identity of camp maps as different from castle maps.

What does everyone think? I'm really curious to know what the devs think, especially.