29. Mär 2024, 01:57 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Cannot install the mod  (Gelesen 2148 mal)

Carthagis

• Hobbit
Cannot install the mod
« am: 25. Sep 2021, 00:34 »
Hello!

I've been desperately trying to install Edain mod for the past month, to no avail... the latest development which I'm stuck on is that the installation itself won't complete, with this error message at the very end of the process:
"
Error writing to registry key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{64EC673E-0B9F-4D2E-9B98-0027ABBA0B27}_is1

RegSetValueEx Failed; Code 5.
Access is denied.
"
I don't think it's specifically tied to Edain but everything else installs just fine, so I'm really not sure what the issue is.

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
Re: Cannot install the mod
« Antwort #1 am: 26. Sep 2021, 10:04 »
Hello and welcome to the forums,

Is your base game working? Are you launching the installer as admin?
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Carthagis

• Hobbit
« Antwort #2 am: 26. Sep 2021, 15:50 »
Hello!
Yes, the base game works correctly, both the original and the expansion, whether 2.01 or 2.02 (of course I'm installing with the 2.01 version).

I also executed the installer as administrator.

Carthagis

• Hobbit
« Antwort #3 am: 6. Okt 2021, 00:26 »
Hey... alright so I've solved the issue anyways.

Rather, the issue solved itself. I tried to install Edain once more, out of bordedom / desparation, and it worked. Somehow. No idea why whatsoever.

Now I'm stuck on the no-CD issue, but that's another story entirely. I *really* wish I had some legit way of playing this game. Anyway.