19. Mär 2024, 05:21 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Imladris Library & Veterans  (Gelesen 1125 mal)

Malhakai

• Bilbos Festgast
Imladris Library & Veterans
« am: 5. Okt 2021, 08:21 »
Hi Edain team and fellow players :-)

I have an idea I would like to present, and some feedback too. I welcome all feedback and do not expect my ideas to be implemented :-)

Idea
Personally I would like more importance around the Library of Rivendell. I quite like the current upgrades, but would like something more 'late game'. I also find that the Veterans of the Last Alliance are quiet disappointing when first recruited, but devastating when they level.

So I present the idea of the library slowly gaining its own experience and leveling, and having a maximum level of 20. You guessed it, I would then suggest linking the Veterans lvl to that of the library. Perhaps each of the 4 book upgrades the Library has will increase the amount of exp the library gets by a small amount. So it still takes time but the upgrades will make it slightly faster.

My reasoning for this is because Imladris is a place for study, learning and preparation. During the last alliance, the army was housed at Imladris for 3 years before moving forward towards Mordor. Most of the remaining Noldor in Middle Earth live in Imladris/Lindon. Imladris is all about quality over quantity for their army.

Currently only 2/4 of the Library upgrades are required to build veterans of the last alliance. My suggestion would make this a longer process, still requiring the same upgrades but actual time for the Library to level too.

Ultimately this would enable the recruitment of lvl 20 Veterans of the Last Alliance. I do understand how powerful this is, but I feel taking a long time to level to 20 for the Library would counter this (as it would be end game for opponents by then). And ultimately arrows can still kill them. I had thought of the cost of the Veterans increasing based on the level of the Library to help counteract how powerful they are, but not sure how to find a balance i.e. 50 or 100 resources per level of the library?

My inspiration came from Cirdan leveling up the Lindon Watchtower as he levels.

Feedback
1) I absolutely love the new Eregion Forge design, that beautiful little fence simply makes the forge even more stunning!
2) I feel that Cirdan should not have a Narya Ring ability, as he gifted Narya to Gandalf. Since the Edain mod focuses on the third age, it is more appropriate for the Fellowship Horde unit and Gandalf of Gondor to poses a Narya ability.

Thank-you for your time reading :-)

Watcher

• Thain des Auenlandes
Re: Imladris Library & Veterans
« Antwort #1 am: 5. Okt 2021, 11:52 »
I agree that the Library needs more use; but I suppose the same could be said for all upgrader buildings. You could say the Library has the most use, since it trains units, and is still used well-after all upgrades have been purchased (whereas most other upgrader buildings, sans the Angmar Dark-Iron Forge, just sit around, waiting to be demolish).

But I digress, for this is about the Imladris Library. I fear I have to disagree with this idea; it seems a bit odd (to me, at least) to tie Veteran fighters with Libraries. I'd also much rather see the Library tied further with the Loremasters in some ways. I do agree that the Veterans seem a bit underwhelming in the beggining, however.

I agree with removing Narya from Cirdan, iconic ability thought it is. So long as it goes to Gandalf and Cirdan gets a fitting first ability, I'm all for it.
"The pool is up to the west-gate..."

Malhakai

• Bilbos Festgast
Re: Imladris Library & Veterans
« Antwort #2 am: 6. Okt 2021, 00:18 »
Ah very true! See I dislike the loremasters and never use them (not lore accurate for my liking) so to me, the library eventually becomes an inactive building like other faction's upgrade building does.

I felt that the library of Imladris was more imposing, and more important than say other faction upgrade buildings. Hence my initial desire to add even more importance to it.

Thank-you for reading and replying :-)