28. Mär 2024, 11:26 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Attack Stance VS Normal Stance for Haldir & Thranduil  (Gelesen 1152 mal)

Malhakai

• Bilbos Festgast
Hi Edain Team and fellow players :-)

I have a suggestion I would like to share, with a focus on Haldir & Thranduil. I would like to propose the idea of both heroes using their default appearance (no battle armour) when in attack stance and wearing their battle armour when in normal stance.

Haldir
For the leader of the border guards and the Galadhrim, I was thinking this...
* Attack stance. Haldir does not wear his battle armour. His leadership affects the lorien swordsmen, archers & spearmen as well as Rumil and Orophin. Haldir has less armour, and can stealth near trees.
* Normal stance. Haldir wears his battle armour. His leadership affects Galadhrim warriors as well as Rumil and Orophin. He has a higher armour rating and can no longer steath near trees.

My thoughts for this change is based around Haldir being the leader of the border guards as well as the Galadhrim at Helms Deep. Cosmetically I like to match Haldir to the army he is leading. I feel this gives him the feel of defending Lorien among the trees in attack stance, and leading an open battle in normal stance.

If this idea was to be implemented, then I would suggest Rumil and Orophin also have this stance change mechanic.

Thranduil
* Attack stance. in the prologue of the Hobbit, Thranduil lead an army while he was wearing his robe/crown (and ultimately turn away from the battle). Perhaps he has splash damage or attacks faster in this stance.
* Normal stance. Thranduil wears his battle armour as seen in the Battle of Five armies. Increases Thranduils armour rating.

Gifts of Lorien can simply increase how much armour Thranduil receives from his battle armour. We do know that Thranduil is quite defensive in his battle strategies, so I think this makes sense with his character.

I'll admit I had an easier time thinking of reasons for Haldir than Thranduil.

Ultimately my reasons are first based on wishing to select between cosmetic options. I do like the mechanic of stances, and feel that they are well used on other characters thus far in Edain.

Thank-you for your time reading :-)

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
Re: Attack Stance VS Normal Stance for Haldir & Thranduil
« Antwort #1 am: 5. Okt 2021, 11:25 »
While I do understand your reasoning and even agree that matching Haldir's armor with that of the units he is leading would be neat, I don't like the idea for the simple reason that you can change the stances many times per second. Seeing the entire outfit of a hero change that quickly and rapidly would look really bad. Additionally, using different weapons during a fight makes sense in different scenarios, but you wouldn't put on your battle armor first and then at some point take it off again in the middle of an engagement.

Malhakai

• Bilbos Festgast
Re: Attack Stance VS Normal Stance for Haldir & Thranduil
« Antwort #2 am: 6. Okt 2021, 00:15 »
Ah yes, randomly changing stances and thus changing appearances would look really bad. I suppose it could be an ability instead, but I feel that is more work for the team. If it was an ability, it might replace something; not to mention it would make Galadriel's gift confusing for Orophin, Rumil & Thranduil. Oh well, thanks for reading and replying :-)