28. Mär 2024, 17:47 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Battlewagon Rebalance  (Gelesen 1179 mal)

Helper01

• Thain des Auenlandes
Battlewagon Rebalance
« am: 6. Okt 2021, 00:41 »
I love playing against the Dwarves, and I love playing as them, but one of the few areas I believe they need a rebalance are is in the area of their battlewagons. I'm no expert or anything, so I can't really offer anything deep on stat numbers or anything like that. All I can provide is my experience in play. Repeatedly, I've found that a Dwarven enemy will rush the battlewagons as some of the first units due to how relatively cheap they are, in spite of being some of the hardest units to take out minus pikemen. When sent in so fast against an enemy, and in such numbers as I see them sent, my troops more often than not stand no chance, especially if enemy troops are mixed to take out pikes--and even worse if I'm playing Isengard, which has to work extra hard to get their pikes than any other faction. Given that they seem to start with so much more armor than normal cavalry, and can flatten troops so easily, I suggest increasing their cost a bit to reflect how intense they are. Nothing mind boggling, but enough to give the enemy a little more pause and to more carefully reconsider an early game rush with them.

Helper01

• Thain des Auenlandes
Re: Battlewagon Rebalance
« Antwort #1 am: 6. Okt 2021, 00:57 »
I forgot to add another idea. So often it seems like the battlewagons exploding casks do so little as to seem pointless to use at all. Too many times I've used them directly on enemy units but the fire takes too long to apply damage, and the enemy moves away from the area rather quickly.
  So, a thought I had is, what if the casks did knockback to allow for better use of the fire? Just long enough to soften up the enemy, though, as opposed to long enough to guarantee their death, at least for a wary player.

Also, do they not do fire damage to buildings anymore...? I'm still learning some things to this game, but the few times I've tried them on buildings I haven't seen any damage done. Perhaps bringing this feature back could prove more useful for the casks? Maybe to make them more useful, too, could be to have the casks weaken the armor of the structures due to the fire?

Halbarad

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Soldat Gondors
Re: Battlewagon Rebalance
« Antwort #2 am: 6. Okt 2021, 23:17 »
Well, I'd say too that Battlewagons are stronger against pikes then other cav, however, they are slower and can therefore be taken out easier, while enemy horses can run away if the need to, so I don't think that they are op.
The exploding casks are good against weak units that are clumped together, like Mordor orcs. I think their damage is pretty good balanced, since you can throw multiple barrels at the same position and therefore make double or tripple damage.