28. Mär 2024, 22:10 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Half-orc/Goblin-men Spies  (Gelesen 1197 mal)

Helper01

• Thain des Auenlandes
Half-orc/Goblin-men Spies
« am: 11. Okt 2021, 16:20 »
I have an idea for how to include the half-orcs and goblin-men from the books. Given that they largely play the part of spies, what if they were a limited or special unit that you could place inside an enemy structure for a few minutes and that would have a couple different abilities.

1. They could increase enemy recruitment time for a unit production facility.

2. They could steal resources or otherwise reduce resource production for a couple minutes.

3. They could allow you to temporarily recruit certain units from the building.

4. They provide building line of sight for the duration they are in the building.

Ideas like these I think are just a great start to reflecting something that played an important role for how Saruman worked his schemes.

Some other ideas to supplement this would be to allow only one of these abilities to be used at a time. Maybe with one of the ideas, like the one about line of sight, it could be permanent until the structure is destroyed or something, that way you have to think carefully about how to use the ability, as you'd only have so many spies. For such an ability, it would be advisable to maybe sneak into the citadel of the enemy to maximize that use. The problem, of course, would be base defenses and the like. Super weak unit with incredible abilities. I don't know, just general thoughts, but it's a start!
« Letzte Änderung: 11. Okt 2021, 23:46 von Elendils Cousin 3. Grades »

Watcher

• Thain des Auenlandes
Re: Half-orc/Goblin-men Spies
« Antwort #1 am: 12. Okt 2021, 07:52 »
Maybe they could be added to "Minions of the White Hand"?  Or, if Bill Ferny is ever reworked, they could be added as one of his spells?

It does sound interesting.
"The pool is up to the west-gate..."