28. Mär 2024, 19:01 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Gandalf the White Ring Hero Suggestions  (Gelesen 1246 mal)

Helper01

• Thain des Auenlandes
Gandalf the White Ring Hero Suggestions
« am: 19. Okt 2021, 00:15 »
I've been regularly amazed with what I keep discovering in this mod! Kudos to everyone who worked so hard and so long on it. It shows!
  However, there is a bit of a glaring exception.... I ended up being a bit disappointed in the Gandalf the White Ring hero, I hate to say. It's nothing against you guys, of course. Rather, it's honestly just a choice that seems a bit unoriginal: To make him so similar to the normal Gandalf the White, but with a bit more power, health, and flashier effects. I was so stricken by the creativity that went into the Grey version, though, and wanted to run with that a bit for some ideas I've been working with.
  Unfortunately, I don't have too much that's substantial at the moment, but here's a start. First and foremost, I thought it would be a no-brainer to name him "Gandalf the Black," given he, himself, suggests this would be it in the chapter when he reveals himself to Aragorn and company. "Gandalf the Challenge Master" just doesn't seem to have quite the same ring to it! I am aware that the Grey version has him in black. But Gandalf corrupted by the Ring in his full blown power as Gandalf the White, blazing white light and all, seems a little off given the corrupting nature of the Ring. I guess Galadriel says that she wouldn't have been dark, but rather beautiful yet terrible as the dawn, so it could be argued there is some precedent; yet I'm also not necessarily convinced by her own words, either. It seems fairly clear that however one would think of himself to start off with the Ring, and however successfully it might be for a time, in the end it causes one to fall into darkness.
  My suggestion for Gandalf, then, would be to continue to run with the black color theme of the Grey version to thematically show a continuation of where he would go with the Ring in his full power. Perhaps a rendition on the negative contrast image of Galadriel the Storm Queen from the Fellowship movie? Light, after all, is synonymous with good in Middle-earth and darkness evil, thematically speaking. It seems inconsistent to have Gandalf the Challenge Master in blazing white light.
  Yet what about if, as described above, instead of Gandalf staying white as the Ring hero, he gradually changes into darker colors, and he eventually becomes wreathed in shadow to reflect how he would take the Ring for good in the beginning but end up evil?
  Furthermore, given that he is a Maia of perhaps similar stature to Sauron, and in nature of vast power, albeit constrained by physical form and the will of the Valar, to my mind it seems appropriate to provide him with additional tiers to reflect his corrupting change and increasing power, no different from, say, Aragorn's several tiers reflecting his change. But with Gandalf, perhaps when he takes the Ring, as maybe a third tier power he rebels against the restriction on his physical form to not match power with power, and instead is revealed in his full power as the Maia Olorin, and would be not too different from when Sauron possesses the Ring and has a ton of additional abilities to become the most powerful figure in the game. Olorin the Black, or whatever you'd want to title him; or perhaps he takes a different Elvish sounding name altogether to reflect his transformation into this dark version of himself.
  So, he could start as Gandalf the Challenge Master, become Gandalf the Black, then finally Olorin (?) the Fill-in-the-Blank.
  And maybe instead of beams and waves of light in the Gandalf the Black version, darkness could be a replacing effect, gradually turning into fire when he becomes his final form to reflect how he was a servant of the Secret Fire but in his evil would seek to either replicate or mock that.
  Perhaps he even comes to have a will to challenge the Valar themselves, much like Sauron, seeks to make a way back to the Blessed Realm in some vain way. Similar to how Sauron can summon a First Age structure, what if Olorin could summon a structure befitting his ideal as a ruler to challenge the Valar? Perhaps a great tower in mockery of the one upon Taniquetil...? Maybe this tower could produce ships of some sort that soar in the heavens to reflect his attempts to leave the Bent Seas--but battleships to take the Blessed Realm by storm?
  Anyways, that's about all I have for now! As always, I'd love some feedback from everyone out there. :)
« Letzte Änderung: 19. Okt 2021, 00:27 von Helper01 »