28. Mär 2024, 20:41 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: No-time limit Submod  (Gelesen 2470 mal)

Miaulë

• Bilbos Festgast
No-time limit Submod
« am: 30. Okt 2021, 18:41 »
Hi
I'm Miaulë and I have always wanted to create a submod without time-limit on units.
So when I had some free time I finally did it with a fantastic support of this community.

This submod was made made by me with an enormous help of The_Necromancer and some advice of ElendilsCousin (I remember you gave me some help with the uniqueness of heroes at the beginning of my work.)
Also I thank all the edain team who worked to create this wonderful mod.

Of course when the Edain Mod will be updated I will try to update it in time. B^)

The mod remove all the time limit from summoned units by spells and heroes so...yes, It' quite broken for game balance.
For that It's meant only for singleplayer.
I have removed all timers from almost all units and I tried to make some things lorewise. So I make a list with some things unchanged or some particular details:

--Some units summoned by heroes or patrol units could take Command Points (For now I don't consider it as a problem, specially with "epic battle CP").

--There'll be units that will not move like Huorns, so be careful where you awake them.

--Sentries Archers on building will not be affected from this submod.

--Boromir will be consumed by the ring like vanilla mod (It's my choice, for represent the real hazard that the One ring is.)

--Arnor turncoats aren't affected by this mod. In that case the timer is like a real execution, not a timer for game balance.

--Spells that don't summon units are not affected by the submod

--Tornado, fire colums and similar are not affected by submod
(yep, I know they appear like heroes but that is for only control them on battlefield. Then, I have not removed their timers to give the feeling that they are energy-consuming spells for the summoner. In fact I remember it is said in the books that Sauron cannot keep darkness influence on all lands, and we are talking about the strongest remaining Maiar on middle Earth. So I imagine how limited is the power of the minor ones like Gandalf or the magic of rings of power for keeping a strong speel. Of course before the second age all things were different in that case.)

--This submod is not compatible with mission maps!

That's all for now.
Maybe with time the list will be lengthened or shortened.
For all suggestions, questions, bug report please write in this thread.

Intallation: just take the .big file and copy it in the ROTWK folder
Uninstall: just delete it

Download link:
« Letzte Änderung: 31. Okt 2021, 01:05 von Miaulë »

Miaulë

• Bilbos Festgast
Re: No-time limit Submod
« Antwort #1 am: 1. Nov 2021, 23:55 »
I solved a bug with beserk, now when spell's mines detonate he will vanish