28. Mär 2024, 17:55 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Game Setup Screen Map Images  (Gelesen 1303 mal)

Helper01

• Thain des Auenlandes
Game Setup Screen Map Images
« am: 4. Nov 2021, 01:09 »
I've seen a fair number of map images/previews on the Game Setup screen that lack any outpost or settlement icons. This is especially important for the former, though, as so often I need to know whether an Outpost will be contested by my opponent and myself or my teammate and myself, which will determine where starting positions will be for team games. Granted, I can just restart a match and pick starting spots accordingly, but who wants to do that when you're all fired up for the game? So, I make the suggestion to have these marked on these map previews for ease and convenience. :)

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
Re: Game Setup Screen Map Images
« Antwort #1 am: 5. Nov 2021, 15:33 »
That's not an easy task to do - we would probably need to remake most of the minimaps completely from scratch, which would be an enormous amount of work - probably it would be somewhat 80-100 hours of work. ALso quite a lot of people like to explore a map. I personally would not want to see everything of a new map int he skirmish menu. I just want to see what the map looks like, so not everyone would be happy about that.
Even though I understand where the idea comes from and it would be helpful in your games, I don't think that it will be made in the near future.

A more possible solution would be to add map overviews to the wiki, but even that would be a lot of work, but probably a lot less (probably less than 10 hours?).
Or as a final solution (which is not 100% practical), one of you could always open the map in the worldbuilder - you don't have to change anything, but by opening it, you can always see where everything is and you can decide afterwards, but I can understand that this is not really practical.