16. Apr 2024, 19:51 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Heroic Statues buff idea  (Gelesen 1265 mal)

IgRAzm

• Bilbos Festgast
Heroic Statues buff idea
« am: 19. Dez 2021, 22:05 »
I think that statues are underused in all kinds of games, I'd like it to be different but don't think that increased cost reduction bonus is a good idea. Additionally I've read most recent discussions and heroic squads seem to be often too hard to get. I saw that this building has "Heroic" in its name so, sometimes the more obvious thing is the right thing, I thought.

Heroic Statue rework idea:
Heroes' cost reduction bonus of statues and pavilions is changed, now it reduces costs of both heroes and heroic units, as well as reducing their training times (2 = -10%, 3 = -20%, 4 = -30%).
Heroic Statues now also give heroes and heroic units in the area double (40%) bonus to armor and damage. This doesn’t affect Pavilions of Tranquility, they still give just 20%.

I've read before posting this that there were times when hero rushing strategy was common. I think my suggestion is protected from that issue, in part because statues costed more back then. Reworked Heroic Statues are rather defensive choice that especially helps against units of lesser quality. Many heroes are good in defense but their power is nothing if you don't bring them out of their building in time; under the buff, securing a risky outpost can become viable with support of one or a few heroes, and even when it's closer to LG, you can keep the statues for their bonus to heroic troops cost instead of replacing them with other buildings. I think cost reduction is vital for expensive units, you may only aquire one or two of them but the structures buy for themselves then and there, unlike when a bonus is applied to a cheaper unit - unless you spam these, it is often a mildly pleasant addition at maximum.

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
Re: Heroic Statues buff idea
« Antwort #1 am: 20. Dez 2021, 16:22 »
An interaction with heroic units is a pretty neat idea, but many heroic units can already be discounted and two sources for a discount generally don't mix well.

IgRAzm

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #2 am: 20. Dez 2021, 16:42 »
I wanted to account for double discounting with Inspiring Statues not discounting Palace Guards. Now that I thought of it more with wiki checking, I guess Gondor with Town Houses would have to be excluded for my suggestion (or how about it would affect Dol Amroth knights and Lindon Guardians for Arnor only?). I can't remember other such bonuses currently.

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
« Antwort #3 am: 20. Dez 2021, 17:00 »
Rohan can discount the Royal Guard as well.