29. Mär 2024, 00:35 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Modding edain mod  (Gelesen 1462 mal)

Emanuele Fiori

• Bilbos Festgast
Modding edain mod
« am: 22. Feb 2022, 09:07 »
Hello guys,
I’m trying to mod Edain with the mod command. I created a new folder in desktop, extracted edain_data files from FinalBIG and then I made a copy of the original RotWK shortcut to use the mod command but when I double click on the new shortcut an error appears. I tried to do the exact same thing using the original RotWK INI file, instead of edain_data, to modify the original game and it works. It seems the problem is edain_data… Can somebody help me please?
Thank you

CMG

• Edain Konzeptmoderator
  • Lehenfürst
  • Gnade ist ausverkauft !
Re: Modding edain mod
« Antwort #1 am: 22. Feb 2022, 12:01 »
Hello guys,
I’m trying to mod Edain with the mod command. I created a new folder in desktop, extracted edain_data files from FinalBIG and then I made a copy of the original RotWK shortcut to use the mod command but when I double click on the new shortcut an error appears. I tried to do the exact same thing using the original RotWK INI file, instead of edain_data, to modify the original game and it works. It seems the problem is edain_data… Can somebody help me please?
Thank you

Can you show us a screenshot of the error message? Without that it's diffcult to help you.  ;)
Avatarsammlung für die Community

Wer Hilfe beim Ausformulieren eines Konzeptes braucht oder meine ganz persönliche Meinung zu einem eigenen Konzept wissen will, PM an mich. Das Konzept muss aber erst folgenden Richtlinien entsprechen:
Konzeptdiskussion Richtlinien

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
Re: Modding edain mod
« Antwort #2 am: 22. Feb 2022, 12:15 »
As far as I know the global definitions (which are in the _gamedata.inc) in Edain have to be in a different place when using Mod Command, because Mod Command starts reading the files in a different order. I've heard, having those definitions in the water.ini might help.

If that is not the reason, we need the error message, as CMG said.