19. Apr 2024, 20:26 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Feedback Edain Towerdefense 4.6  (Gelesen 1056 mal)

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
Feedback Edain Towerdefense 4.6
« am: 8. Okt 2022, 21:48 »
In this thread, you can post your feedback concerning the Edain Tower Defense.

Which waves were too strong and which killed you?
Which towers did you use? Which were too weak?
Which legendary waves did you face and did they feel legendary?
How do you like the length of the map?

abstraktername

• Bilbos Festgast
Re: Feedback Edain Towerdefense 4.6
« Antwort #1 am: 16. Okt 2022, 14:26 »
Waves:
  • The Morgul Riders have killed me regularly. I don't get from the tooltip if they simply are really tanky (lots of HP) or are resistant to some type of damage?
  • The Snow Trolls are also tricky, since they either have lots of HP or the Mordor towers cannot target them, even with the Minas Morgul arrow upgrade (maybe it's a bug?).

Towers:
Stronger towers
  • The Mordor towers are really strong until the midgame, probably too strong since you can survive the first wave with only 6 or 7 base towers and immediately get the stacking upgrade up to 60% or 70%, which makes the next Mordor towers very cost efficient. Playing without them in the early game is way more difficult, so I always end up having 12 or 13 of them around the map.
  • The Lorien tower with the range buff for other towers, e.g. Isengard is pretty good, too. I usually just build it for the ranged buffs for carry towers.

Weaker towers
  • One of the worse towers is the Imladris shrine imo, either the debuff is not correctly displayed on troops, or it appears to only work in very select spots (i.e. corners), which makes it harder to gather XP for it. The Dundedain tower is also quite bad, since the arrow volley triggers too infrequently for the 700g you need to pay. And it barely deals damage to stronger troops, so you need another 300g or so to get the armor debuff. For 1k you can already get the Wizard's tower which is way better for clumps.
  • The Rohirrim camp is also not very useful imo, since they start dying instantly during the midgame to crush revenge from the pikes that are sent from Gondor and Mordor waves.
  • I feel like the Rohan tower is not as strong vs cavalry as it should be, I think because the attack speed and range is quite bad. I have more success with an Isengard tower with 1-2 upgrades to kill cavalry and trolls until lvl 11.
  • The Misty Mountains cave tower might also be too bad. I am not sure yet but I think you normally do not get any net gold gain from the base tower, since the game only goes to lvl 15 and the orcs attack too unreliably (some are standing too far away from the road). And at the earliest you can build it at wave 5, but I still doubt it pays off even then, since you also have opportunity costs of putting it in a good spot where another carry tower could be. I haven't tested the second upgrade (looting for nearby towers) so maybe that's when it kicks in, but then you would also need to build it somewhere where it hits a lot of towers, which is usually a suboptimal place for on-hit gold generation.

Legendary waves
  • I think there might be some bugs here, e.g. with the Gan Buri Gan wave, I never get any Rohirrim going on the wood paths.

Length of map

Is the length meant to be 15 waves? Because wave 15 is always bugged, I kill Sauron but then there are usually some other troops stuck at the entrance which do not move, so I can never win the game. Additionally, that level also spawns a row of like 15 Mordor banners on the street which cannot be destroyed either.