29. Mär 2024, 14:34 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Error on launching the mod  (Gelesen 1466 mal)

Dudeman64

• Hobbit
Error on launching the mod
« am: 18. Okt 2022, 00:28 »
I currently cannot play the mod, everytime I try to launch I recieve the error parsing INI block 'subsounds' with the 'because of the severity of this error the game will now exit. Is there a fix for this?

Birds

• Edain Team
  • Bibliothekar Bruchtals
Re: Error on launching the mod
« Antwort #1 am: 18. Okt 2022, 08:31 »
Does the game work without edain?
Do you have any submods or other mods installed?
Do you have bfme2 Patch 1.06 and rotwk Patch 2.01 installed?

Dudeman64

• Hobbit
« Antwort #2 am: 21. Okt 2022, 00:20 »
Yes, RotWK starts normally on its own, no other submods or mods, and last I checked the patches were up to date

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
« Antwort #3 am: 21. Okt 2022, 11:17 »
Did you play on 1.09 or 2.02 before? If yes, make sure they are completely disabled, including any music.

Start the Edain Launcher and see if it finds any updates.

You can also go to your VirtualStore (\AppData\Local\VirtualStore) and check if there are any files in the RotWK folder in there. If yes, delete them.

If the mod still doesn't start, a clean reinstallation fixes most issues.

Dudeman64

• Hobbit
« Antwort #4 am: 25. Okt 2022, 16:01 »
I deleted those files, but what ended up working in the end was the full reinstall of the base RotWK, then of Edain. No idea what couldve changed it to cause the error but now everything loads up normally. I appreciate the support, going to try out the new Misty Mountain stuff now.

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
« Antwort #5 am: 25. Okt 2022, 16:44 »
Sometimes things just break during installation, it happens - that's why a clean reinstallation really does solve most issues. Glad it worked out for you, have fun!