19. Apr 2024, 09:15 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Angmar Conversion to a Canonical Faction: Harad  (Gelesen 1881 mal)

dkbluewizard2

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
Angmar Conversion to a Canonical Faction: Harad
« am: 18. Okt 2022, 07:57 »
So after careful deliberation I have decided to present a conversion faction. In much the same way Arnor converts to Gondor, I wanted Angmar to convert to Harad since Umbar is to Harad as Minas Tirith is to Gondor.

Both Angmar and Harad have the heavy influence of turncoats and Black Numenorians. I hope everyone thoroughly reads through my document and if you have any questions or statements, please reach out to me. I think this is the way to go.

Also, this would still give the Edain Team free reign over the last 2 mystery factions. Besides, combining all of the Evil Men into one faction is too much.

Please click the link below to see the new proposal:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sPPLwxbVzCWKFK6DZHLLbwGywcwEI3_i/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=103408700308202444459&rtpof=true&sd=true

dkbluewizard2

Re: Angmar Conversion to a Canonical Faction: Harad
« Antwort #1 am: 1. Nov 2022, 21:33 »
Hello everyone,

Special thanks to FG15 for letting me know that this conversion could not work. I instead have a new update for this (it was the original design that Tolgayurdal and I put together). I decided to make it even more canonical than it already was. Please let me know what you all think, I need feedback please.

Things to remember: The Eastern Orcs were a faction during WOTR, the Umli (Dwarf-Men) fought during WOTR, and in regards to the Ice-King (Herumor), I took the same liberties with him as I did with the Durin VII concept. I hope you all look at this final draft for consideration, and as always, I appreciate the diligence and attention to detail that the Edain Team gives to the Lore. Take care.

--Dkbluewizard.

Click link below to see the updated final proposal:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1taPSRhjVyRQW0zL0AciTmGIjZLjX7BRW/edit

Halbarad

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Soldat Gondors
« Antwort #2 am: 1. Nov 2022, 22:49 »
Hi,
I dont have access to your second document.

To give you some feedback, I really appreciate the effort put into this and it does make sense, given that the playstyle of Angmar would also fit to Harad (except for the Warhounds, I'm not quite sure if they would fit into the eastern setting?). However, I like Angmar far to much to have it eraised as a faction from most of the normal maps.

I don't know what FG15 wrote to you, probably that the Spellbook would be the problem? Edain Unchained Submod had its own way around that, that works for me, but probably would be too much for occasional players who aren't that much into the game. There would also be your option to make the Spells more or less the same and you are right, I also think that this would be fitting for every spell (all spells could get neutral names and have visual effects, that would depend on your chosen faction, e. g. "Plague" would be a plague of locusts for Harad; "Summon Hill Trolls" would be renaimed into "Summon Trolls" and involce different Trolls for Harad, ...).

So yes I can see why this idea seems to be a real good solution on how to include Harad and I could also see a way where it could be done without forcing Angmar onto the Arnor-Maps. However I do think that Men of the East could be much greater if being included as a seperate faction. There were already suggestions of mobile buildings in a nomade style etc that could bring us a very differnt playstyle. Most of this would be gone if they would be forced to fit into the Angmar playstyle and we wouldn't really get an entirely new faction.

Also I don't really share your conceirn, that the Edain Team couldn't fit in another faction after having included 2 others. First of all, I don't think that we will get them very fast, second of all, if there would be a third faction, it would probably much less source material then Men of the East or it would have to be a faction, that didn't participate in the War of the Ring. Either way, it would probably better be included into an Arnor-like Mapfeature.

I'm looking forward to your changes in the second document.

dkbluewizard2

« Antwort #3 am: 2. Nov 2022, 07:58 »
Hey Halbarad, I have totally tossed out the Angmar converting to Harad concept. I am unsure as to why you can't have access to the google doc. I'll go and try it again to make sure that you can see it--it is much more canonical and I think it would work the way FG15 and the team would like it to work.

Okay I saw it was on restricted. Please read through it and I think you will like this idea better and it goes well with the WOTR Third Age. Also, it is based on legit characters, regions, and factions.