16. Apr 2024, 17:05 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Misty mountain calls infinite troops from off-map after defeat in skirmish  (Gelesen 2345 mal)

Pacha

• Hobbit
well this is version 4.6.1 and the subject title happened. I took all flags and destroyed all lairs. I have a save and I would share it. it's bizarre. the troops come from the south-west. probably the AI was able to expand goblin-town off-map.

https://mega.nz/file/O64nFZjL#-tWR9OThQTVa-kyB2YcUAkNY5vqlq4ml4dkSo3CaZcg

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
You should be able to defeat the AI by destroying the central Goblin-Town tunnel in this case, did that work for you?

Pacha

• Hobbit
nope. you may take a look at the save I shared. nothing was left on the map.
and thank you for the reply. I didn't expect to get any. (**)
all in all I think the new version is a bit less stable than 4.3 (I love this mod by the way);
I encounter crashes in about 70% of my skirmish games, all of them after at least 1h of playing which is a real drag.

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
If you encounter crashes that late into games, it usually happens because the engine is overloaded. Reducing graphic settings, reducing command points or reducing the amount of players helps with this. You can also try using the experimental performance boost and 4GB patch in the Edain Launcher as that helps a lot in those cases, but keep in mind that you won't be able to play multiplayer with that.

Pacha

• Hobbit
thank you! I'm using the performance boost but to no avail. I'll try the patch.
and I got a question regarding this 4GB patch. basically how does it operate?
are there any topics about it?

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
It basically allows the game to access more RAM, significantly reducing "Out Of Memory" (OOM) crashes.

Pacha

• Hobbit
thanks again. I'm trying it now.