18. Apr 2024, 14:55 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Adding an attack effect to a hero?  (Gelesen 1224 mal)

DropItLikeItsDogg

• Bilbos Festgast
Adding an attack effect to a hero?
« am: 15. Mär 2023, 18:28 »
Hello everyone. I have a question. How can I add Witch King's melee attack range, shockwave and knock down to an another hero, for example Saruman or Gandalf? Thanks.  :)

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
Re: Adding an attack effect to a hero?
« Antwort #1 am: 15. Mär 2023, 20:33 »
1. Go to the Witch-King and find his weaponset.
2. Take a look at his melee weapon and copy what you want to copy: Attack range is pretty self explanatory, knockdown effects are called MetaImpactNugget in the code.
3. Find the melee weapon of the hero that you want to change and paste your desired changes there.

DropItLikeItsDogg

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #2 am: 16. Mär 2023, 01:15 »
Sorry, if you don't mind can you explain it in a little detailed way? I tried some but I couldn't.

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
« Antwort #3 am: 16. Mär 2023, 12:28 »
Find the Witch-King's weapon.

• 1. In Edain, the Witch-King of Angmar is located the edain_data.big under data/ini/object/evilfaction/units/angmar/angmarwitchking.ini
  • 2. Open his .ini and scroll down until you get to his weaponset, it should look something like this:
    WeaponSet
        Weapon               = PRIMARY    AngmarWitchkingStartWeapon
        AutoChooseSources    = PRIMARY FROM_PLAYER FROM_SCRIPT FROM_AI
    End
    Find the melee weapon's properties.

• 1. Now we copy AngmarWitchkingStartWeapon and go looking for it in the weapon.ini, weapon.inc or weapon_attack.inc. We find it in the weapon.inc.
    • 2. As I mentioned earlier, knockback is determined by a MetaImpactNugget. So we copy the nugget.

Paste the properties into your target weapon.

Now we repeat the process of steps 1 and 2, except instead of copying something we will be pasting something: Find Gandalf or Saruman, find Gandalf's or Saruman's weapon and then add the MetaImpactNugget to it. I will put this entire step into a spoiler - I recommend you try doing it by yourself before looking into the spoiler. It's not very difficult, I'm sure you can do it. :)

DropItLikeItsDogg

• Bilbos Festgast
    « Antwort #4 am: 18. Mär 2023, 12:04 »
    Thanks for reply.   :)