24. Apr 2024, 18:55 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Lothlorien bugs and suggestions  (Gelesen 1708 mal)

Emanuele Fiori

• Bilbos Festgast
Lothlorien bugs and suggestions
« am: 13. Apr 2023, 15:24 »
I’v been playing Lothlorien for i while and here’s what i found:

I noticed that troops react really slow to commands, especially when they are inside the castle. It happens many times that when i order a group of units to attack they find themselves stuck in obstacles, moving around without doing anything or keep jumping up and down the stairs. Also they just wait one behind another instead of surround the enemy. This is really frustrating, especially with the attack-move command.
Another thing i noticed is that Ghaladrim and heroes like Haldir and Thranduil keep chasing enemies really far, everywhere till the edge of the map for no reason even in normal stance.
Also i noticed that if i use the invisibility cloak of the caras guards they just stop auto aquiring enemies after they step out from invisibility, i always need to click them and make them attack someone even in aggressive stance.
Last but not least, i think Mirkwood needs its own faction, i like Mirkwood so much and it’s really a pity to be able to play it only as a side faction.

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
Re: Lothlorien bugs and suggestions
« Antwort #1 am: 13. Apr 2023, 16:50 »
Pathfinding in games as old as BfME can be wonky at times. The inside of Lorien's base is quite narrow with little space between the buildings, so units sometimes struggle. You can improve your surface area to attack enemies by moving your melee units around manually and telling them to move right next to the enemy and then attack, that usually works for me.

We'll look into the Caras Galadhon Guards.

Last but not least, i think Mirkwood needs its own faction, i like Mirkwood so much and it’s really a pity to be able to play it only as a side faction.
Not going to happen, we've stated that many times already. If you're a big fan of them, you can play Mirkwood on the Mirkwood map if you pick Lorien as a faction (and we might add this feature to other maps where it fits thematically).

Emanuele Fiori

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #2 am: 14. Apr 2023, 10:05 »
I just played lothlorien in Mirkwood map and nothing happened, everything is still the same

Birds

• Edain Team
  • Bibliothekar Bruchtals
« Antwort #3 am: 14. Apr 2023, 18:04 »
Not much changes, but maybe try building a mirkwood outpost.