[en] Edain Mod > [Edain] Discussion and Feedback

Edain 4.7: General Feedback

(1/2) > >>

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades:
As always, we're eager to hear what you think of the version, which parts you like especially and which parts could use improvement!

Watcher:
Fantastic release as usual. I haven't gotten to trying everything out, but I've thoroughly enjoyed what I have tried so far.

Naturally I played as Arnor first. The small changes to the spellbook powers are great. The Firework Ballista added to "Detachment from the Shire" make the spell far more worthy of its tier, and "Army of Gondor" now functioning like Gondor's equivalent was a really cool change.

The new building, unit and hero designs are fantastic as well, and the new Outpost floors were a pleasant surprise.

I admit that I was hoping Arnor's "Palantir Guards" would get an improvement similar to the "Fountain Court Guards" of Gondor, though I suppose that'll be for another update?

I'm also curious about the "New Sound sets". I haven't encountered any yet in the expected (to me at least) Faction of Angmar. In which Faction will I expect to find them, if you don't mind me asking?

I have also started the "Rise of Angmar" Campaign. So far it has turned out to be quite fun with no crashes or bugs. I'll also get around to trying out the other BfME 2 campaigns again.

Kind Regards from the waters :)

Most of the new voices are german, but you can give Mollok a spin - Radagast wrote a script in Mordor's Black Speech for him, so when he's not grunting or roaring, he's speaking the language of Mordor!

The Palantir Guards will be improved in a future patch, yes. We had some cool ideas that didn't pan out due to technical limitations, so we postponed that for now.

Glad you like it!

Le Sournois:
Even if there was less changes in terms new content than 4.6, I must say in terms of quality, this update is very good.

What I like is that when I read the new changelog, all the balance changes were in my opinion very appropriate.

Cavalry was maybe too much queen in 4.6 but in 4.7, heroic swordsmen has been buffed to be more competitive with them. Also, things like the ambush ability for Caras galadhon guards is a few thing but it improves the gameplay a lot.

Favor of the Witch King made Angmar pass from my least wanted faction to one of my favorite after few skimrishes.

Even if I am more interested in gameplay than graphism, I must say I find myself enjoying those changes also very much.

I hadn't tested Misty Mountains yet, I guess they are more balanced but the changes I read don't convince me, for example, Smaug still has an incredible amout of HP and even archers cannot do a lot against him while he is so dangerous !

keep it up guys, all your 3 last great updates, 4.5, 4.6, 4.7 are of great quality !

Balancing flying units is always difficult, even more so with Smaug. He has to feel powerful, so he can't just be shot down by two basic units of archers as that would ruin immersion; but he also has to be vulnerable enough (while in the air) that factions without elite archers can dish out enough damage, because nothing else can hurt him. Generally speaking, archer heroes are very useful as they'll also level up nicely against Misty Mountains, but it depends on what faction you're playing as. Also keep in mind that when he's on the ground, he becomes quite resistant to archers and instead is much more vulnerable to pikes.

Navigation

[0] Themen-Index

[#] Nächste Seite

Zur normalen Ansicht wechseln