27. Apr 2024, 12:41 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: English version Edain Mod 2  (Gelesen 83990 mal)

Wolf3131

• Bilbos Festgast
Re:English version Edain Mod 2
« Antwort #75 am: 22. Mär 2012, 23:33 »
Its been a while since an update on this...I must be honest I'm very anxious to get my hands on Edain's english version :p
EDIT: Actually...could you set up some kind of dev version of this?  One that may contain bugs but has all the work you've got done now?  I'd really like some of the basic translating ASAP, IMO the campaign can wait.  Now I sound demanding, sorry :)
EDIT2:  Also, I'm not sure how difficult this would be, but I've been playing Edain for almost a year now and what I really want with this is some way to disable the palantir.  Its fun most of the time, but sometimes I'd rather play with it off so the games dont abruptly end when the first person gets the last power and destroys your whole army in seconds.  Then if you survive, it just becomes a war aginst palantirs, and units seem useless and not worth building.  Though I prefer the turtle defense, which is why my games last so long :/
« Letzte Änderung: 22. Mär 2012, 23:40 von Wolf3131 »

Treacleman

• Hobbit
« Antwort #76 am: 24. Mär 2012, 14:01 »
I agree with Wolf that any form of translation, however unfinished, would be good.  I've been playing Edain for a while now, and there are still many powers and units I simply don't understand.  If you released whatever you have translated now, I could recommend the game to my friends and they'd actually play, heck, even Google Translate could give enough of an idea of what each thing does to be understandable.  BFMEII has a massive English audience: releasing Edain in English, however poor or unfinished, would almost double the number of your players. 

Wolf3131

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #77 am: 26. Mär 2012, 00:20 »
I'm not sure about an actual release, but a dev version update-as-you-go would be great.  Making something incomplete set up as though it is a full release is unprofessional.  But having a little dev use-at-your-own-risk version is great.  Especially for the hundreds of BFME fans that are bored with vanilla, and don't want to bother with attempting to understand how Edain works while its in German.  All I can say is there are certain things that would need to be translated for playable reasons (powers, units, etc.) and there are things that can wait (campain, map names, map descriptions).  I really think prioritizing these things and releasing them in steps of dev versions would be great.  It would also offer for glitched translations such as "This unit are a very effective unit" verse "This unit is a very effective unit" to be recognized faster and have most of them dealt with before the official release.

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #78 am: 26. Mär 2012, 00:30 »
And exactly these are the things which takes years as most of the texts are descriptions of units, powers, etc... :P
The campaign is only a very small part. In the last few weeks we had very much to do as we all wrote many exams in this time.

We have said many times that we will release the versino as soon as we finished it. We don't know when exactly this will be, but you can believe us, that we want it to be finished too.

Wolf3131

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #79 am: 26. Mär 2012, 02:31 »
And exactly these are the things which takes years as most of the texts are descriptions of units, powers, etc... :P
The campaign is only a very small part. In the last few weeks we had very much to do as we all wrote many exams in this time.

We have said many times that we will release the versino as soon as we finished it. We don't know when exactly this will be, but you can believe us, that we want it to be finished too.
That's great Gnomi, thanks.  I don't mean to sound ungrateful at all.  Just excited  [uglybunti].  Just know that the english community of Edain is as strong as always :)

mbaker356

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #80 am: 22. Apr 2012, 09:34 »
hey me and my friend just got your mod and have been playing it like crazy, i was wondering if you had an estimate for the next version i think its called 3.7.6.

thanks for an awesome mod and reigniting my passion for this game. :)

Treacleman

• Hobbit
« Antwort #81 am: 30. Jun 2012, 17:55 »
Just wondering whether you could give us an update on how the translation's coming along?  Any progress?

cgrunt

• Hobbit
« Antwort #82 am: 22. Jul 2012, 18:03 »
i just click on each power unit and building & anything that makes a click and use the power several times to figure it out its that easy you dont need to know what it says the words only help a little bit but figureing out whatever the units are comes just as good from expeirence then reading their purpose

Saqlain

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #83 am: 23. Jul 2012, 06:36 »
Thanks for the the greatest mod ever. I dont really care for whether its german or English because  it has troubled me by about almost 30 percent only in regular skirmish type game play.I don't understand a few things still though and that's what i am gonna ask about. First of all ,what is with the Angmar"s witch kings last power (while having the ring ,i don't know if he has  it  otherwise or not since i didn't check )where he summons a sort of ice balrog, that balrog does nothing but freezing units ,with no damage to either units or buildings at all. Please tell me how do we use him if i am missing something . Secondly , the lothlorien power with icon like elven gifts( from regular bfme 1 campaign), I try to click it on every hero repeatedly but it sometime applies on galadriel ,sometimes on haldir , don't know why it doesn't apply on all elven heroes.thats it for now. I really appreciate your help thank you.

Wolf3131

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #84 am: 23. Jul 2012, 22:44 »
Hello, quick question.  I just updated it to the newest version (the one on the forum, not the moddb) and I'm not quite sure how to upgrade the command points for Mordor.  I think farms have been increasing it, but very minorly so the most I've ever had is 200.  This makes it very difficult to get the troops I need.  What am I missing?

Actually the whole faction is confusing.  So each time Saron gets a level divisble by 3 I can get a new upgrade for building and he levels up by using the nazgul?  Great idea, it really adds uniqueness Mordor never had before.  Still, its a little complicated for the english speakers :D

Gnomi

• Administrator
« Antwort #85 am: 23. Jul 2012, 22:51 »
You have to build "Aufseher" (Overseer) in the orc pit to increase your cp.

Saqlain

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #86 am: 24. Jul 2012, 07:02 »
I have suggestion for this mod that might be a bit difficult but not impossible perhaps. Well, what if an option be added named " semi AI mode" or " Auto stance mode"  that does the following :
1 if you have several hordes of different type of units stationed at a place and an enemy attacks then your horde switch position depending on the type of enemy for example if cavalry attacks then pikes come at front and if swords man then swords at front and archers at back in aggressive stance etc with trolls and cavalary or large monsters being bold enough to walk into any situation.
2 if your units are on the wall they stay there and attck at distance rather running after enemy.
3 every unit if given an attck move command auto aligns and attacks there priority targets first.
4 all wizards have an optional stance of auto attack and stay at range including archers

It was just a thought. Please do consider it if possible because it will make wars more releastic and improve values of all individual units as well. I await your reply though my last post was not entertained.

Gnomi

• Administrator
« Antwort #87 am: 24. Jul 2012, 21:36 »
1 not possible -- additionally you should do this yourself - it's called micro.^^
2 not fixable too.
3. should already be like that, but mostly they attack the first unit they see - everything else is not possible.^^
4. if you give them the defensive stance they won't run to the enemy => they stay out of range.

Saqlain

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #88 am: 25. Jul 2012, 00:27 »
Thanks for the response. It was just a thought, though. Never expected it to be anymore than that. I'll see if i could come up with anymore suggestions.

Wolf3131

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #89 am: 25. Jul 2012, 00:44 »
I tried using google translate on Imaldris's map but it didn't work out.  I'm not quite sure what its trying to say.  Something about the scholars and only leveling up through a power?  Could I get some translation help? :D