19. Apr 2024, 18:05 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Edain Mod Developing Help  (Gelesen 6854 mal)

DarthSion

• Hobbit
  • Shade of Sith
Edain Mod Developing Help
« am: 26. Mär 2008, 12:14 »
Hi all the modmakers of Edain! I am the modder from Russia. I have downloaded your mod (Edain 2.0) and test it. And I think it's a great work! My friend also try it and find it amazing! ;)
But there's a little problem - Mod have some bugs with installation, large installer size and German! And only 2 of us has know it well enough to understand all the strings :D

But with English we don't have so much troubles. So I think I could do some work for you. What do you think about translating your mod in English to make it more playable?
This one can help you to make the mod more well-known and playable within the large community of LOTR-BfMe 2 Fans. I have my own mod in English and a group of collegues that can help me to do this work. What do you think? Can we make a rebuild of your mod? There will be only english translation of lotr.str and new installer (because of the mod weight and slow connection speed in Russia  ;) ).

This english rebuild I will present you after we finished it, the authors, so you can give us a feedback.

P.S.: If you find it interesting, we also can work together in future. I can give you some ideas and materials from my own mod to use it in next builds of Edain.

Best Regards, DarthSion
mailto: fairylord@yandex.ru
« Letzte Änderung: 26. Mär 2008, 12:15 von DarthSion »
May the Force be with you... always

Galadrielinkarnation

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • Die Welt ist scheiße..MACH GLITZER DRAUF!!
Re: Edain Mod Developing Help
« Antwort #1 am: 26. Mär 2008, 12:26 »
Hi all the modmakers of Edain! I am the modder from Russia. I have downloaded your mod (Edain 2.0) and test it. And I think it's a great work! My friend also try it and find it amazing! ;)
But there's a little problem - Mod have some bugs with installation, large installer size and German! And only 2 of us has know it well enough to understand all the strings :D

But with English we don't have so much troubles. So I think I could do some work for you. What do you think about translating your mod in English to make it more playable?
This one can help you to make the mod more well-known and playable within the large community of LOTR-BfMe 2 Fans. I have my own mod in English and a group of collegues that can help me to do this work. What do you think? Can we make a rebuild of your mod? There will be only english translation of lotr.str and new installer (because of the mod weight and slow connection speed in Russia  ;) ).

This english rebuild I will present you after we finished it, the authors, so you can give us a feedback.

P.S.: If you find it interesting, we also can work together in future. I can give you some ideas and materials from my own mod to use it in next builds of Edain.

Best Regards, DarthSion
mailto: fairylord@yandex.ru

Hey DarthDion,

I am not in the team as well but I do think that this is such an great idea, especially because I love playing the game in Englisch because of the better-sounding voices of the heroes and things like that.^^

But translating the mod will mean translating the sounds too, I think.

All in all It's such a good idea for all the other Edain players to have an new experience playing the game with Edain in Englisch.

Best regards
Die Welt ist scheiße: MACH GLITZER DRAUF!
Die Welt ist ein Arschloch und Alkohol ist doch eine Lösung!
An die lieben Menschen: Auf'm Tisch steht ne Tüte "Leck mich am Arsch"...greif zu!

Egal wie tief man die Messlatte des geistigen Verstandes eines Menschen legt, es gibt jeden Tag jemanden, der bequem darunter durchlaufen kann!

Geh und spiel mit was Giftigem!!

URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #2 am: 26. Mär 2008, 13:49 »
Hey DarthSion.
Nice to see, that our Mod is played in other countrys too.
We wanted to translate the mod sometime in the future.
But I think you can help us with that, but we have to wait for "Ealendril" the leader of the mod.
I play the game in english myself (I have the collectors edition) and with Edain some sounds are in English und some are in German.

In the near future will be a patch for Edain, because our german fans found many bugs in the mod :D

What's the name of your mod? (do you have an own homepage?)

greetings
Gnominator

Rabi

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Waldläufer Ithiliens
« Antwort #3 am: 26. Mär 2008, 14:08 »
I would say the same as Gnominator.
I think that idea is great, but you must wait for "Ealendril".

An english installer is on my computer but I don´t gave the community an english installer to download because the mod is at the moment only in german to download.
RPG: Mainchar - Wogrin, Zwerg

DarthSion

• Hobbit
  • Shade of Sith
« Antwort #4 am: 26. Mär 2008, 18:55 »
Thanks you for your answers! I see that you find my offer interesting. I have contacted with Gnominator and shall wait for your team leader. Hope he will interested too.
As the beginning I must tell that the work on the translation have begun. It can take from 5 to 10 days (my friend and co-modder do it). And I also rebuild the installer and .big files to make them a little bit lightweight ;). That's because the russian slow connection speed and expensive traffic.
May the Force be with you... always

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #5 am: 27. Mär 2008, 14:03 »
Hello Darth Sion,
welcome to the Forum.
Plz contact me:
MSN: Pascal_wokan@hotmail.de
E-mail: neonatrix@gmx.de