1. Jun 2024, 15:56 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: New design for the Dwarven units  (Gelesen 63517 mal)

Maraelion

• Gastwirt zu Bree
Re: Movie or different design for Iron Hills!?
« Antwort #60 am: 24. Aug 2015, 19:11 »
I can live with that compromiss you proposed Dain and I voted yes!
Greetings
Maraelion

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #61 am: 24. Aug 2015, 19:50 »
Hello CynasFan,
I propose you already read what LordDain wrote above, I will post this comment separately from him, but idea is same.
First we base this summon idea on Lore fact that is wrongly implemented in game currently. Currently in Iron Hills faction, Lord Dain is best hero and most expensive hero. Other words, true leader of Iron Hills. He has currently summoning spell on level 10 and  reinforcements from that are all dwarven units from other dwarven kingdoms (Erebors units (this is wrong from timeline facts, Erebor don't exist like game faction during time of BOTFA, so Dain can't summon those units, they don't exist in that time) and Ered Luin units). This is also wrong from fact that Lord Dain in that point of time is leader of Iron Hills, not a crowned dwarven king under mountain. Otherwords he shouldn't have that kind of power. So  idea is to replace that summon with some "elite"  units from Iron Hills. And there comes idea of implementing those BOTFA models, which people also like. That is good compromise.
Also current summoning ability is not "compatible" with (I my opinion best dwarven topic on eng forum) this topic which is also concerns Iron Hills:  Assembly Hall. But that is some of plans for far future...
There are also suggested some new units for Iron Hills in this new Outpost, you will get what I mean if you read this (We offered here new diversity for dwarven units, so diversity in terms of this ability could be neglected).
Concerning different kind of units currently in that ability (axes, bows etc), I really don't see any kind of obstacle if new summoning ability only summons spears, simply you could watch this in this way: that units will be better from basic unit, and I really don't see reason to deny this from aspect of weapon or unit diversity (or "clone" reasons, simply all units in game are clones from someother vainila unit...).
Those new spears, as LordDain said could have new abilities, spear throw, new wall formation and so on. They should good against different kind of unit (something maybe similar to Harbendiers from Cirith Ungol), so there shouldn't be need for other kind of damage (axes, bows).

Also idea from beginning (Tienety's idea) was that Dain could summon Ram riders also when he is mounted to that pig. (Whole idea comes from movie ofc).
Team  has already implemented rams into Murin's palatir of abilities, maybe is better to change that Murins fear ability with this new ram summons (Tienety also suggested this: Murin change). After all that fear is already seen ability, most of heroes have it, maybe it is not fitting ability for dwarven hero?

About models, I say it is best to to implementation of movie's models (spears and rams). Also about number of battalions, and will those battalions be permanent or temporary, I personally don't care. Main goal from my prospective is that team somehow approve those ideas, and similar details will be suggested shortly afterwards. :)

So I will underline:
Dain on level 10 summons 2-3 battalions of spearmen from BOTFA, I tried to explain you why I think they are enough and there is everywhere that "clone" problem.
They will have some cool abilities (spear throw for monsters, shieldwall), but they won't be OP in hp and armour.
About temporary/permanent summon I really don't care as I said earlier above.
Any way, all details will be suggested/(or they are already) by LordDainIronfoot. :D

Regards

Yes, this could work. :)
Rams should be part of Murin's palantir...

Notification: It would be nice if members first read whole idea before they vote! Thank you! :)

« Letzte Änderung: 24. Aug 2015, 19:57 von CragLord »

CynasFan

• Bündnisgenosse der Elben und Menschen
  • Freude ist eine ernste Sache
« Antwort #62 am: 24. Aug 2015, 20:09 »
Yeah, I try to read everything in the english part, but it isn´t the best idea for me to post something in the english forum. I think all of you know the reason ;) :D
What belongs to cloning is that the Team tries to make different clones. So mordor orcs are clowned as well, but they have (I think) three different designs which they get random. OK, that is not so much in this great bats, but it is in the mod.
What belongs to dain and his summon I have to say that it is OK because from timeline Edain isn´t the very best (Erebor=Ring War, Ered Luin and Iron Hills= Hobbit, is clear xD), but my biggest Problem with movie design is, that this isn´t something special. Every unit has something what no other unit has, but this movie troops have only grey steel. I doesn´t think it would feel good in this great armies of many coloured dwarfes.
Or maybe it´s only my german forum dislike against the whole movies, sorry, but I really doesn´t like them.
OK, I think I should remove in german forum. See you (maybe) later.
Greetings, CynasFan
"Die Vernunft kann sich mit größerer Kraft dem Bösen entgegenstemmen, wenn der Zorn ihr dienstbar zur Hand geht!"
Papst Gregor der Große

"Alles was ich anzubieten habe ist Annäherung. Fragment. Wille zum Scheitern."
Walter Moers

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #63 am: 24. Aug 2015, 20:17 »
you have a point but some like the movie designs so if the team would make i dont know a spell for dain to call some batalions with the movie designs ???

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #64 am: 24. Aug 2015, 20:28 »
Simply people (including me) like those midels, and this is reason why we have started this at first place. It is your personal opinion, there is no need for apologise. :)
About details of those units I wrote that in comment above, and they  will be unique in described way. :)

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #65 am: 24. Aug 2015, 21:35 »
Just another small thing:
We are not forced to do compromises. And this is a compromise we probably won't do.
Why?
Because all of our modellers and skinners don't want do model them. We don't like the model and - as i've said before - we won't force ourself to create so many things we don't like, as this would be the dead of the edain mod.
So a compromise of "replacing" is not "just adding the object in another way", as it's not just that we want our interpretation to stay in the mod, but also that we don't want to use our energy on those troups.
We have said multiple times that we're not planning to work on those troups and this still remains. (we have said this not only in the german parts, but also multiple times on moddb and I think even here in the english section somewhere). This statement still counts (as Ealendril wrote today in the german section as an answer to LordDain)

Perhaps someone of us will have the desire to create such models at some time, but we won't promise anything in this direction.

I thought that this was clear after Ealendril answered one of LordDain's comments in the german section, that's why I haven't repeated it here again.^^)
« Letzte Änderung: 24. Aug 2015, 21:44 von Gnomi »

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #66 am: 24. Aug 2015, 21:54 »
well gnomi i like the designs of the dwarfs in the edain mod but i still think they need some changes  like the helmets and there faces rly they look like clones

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #67 am: 24. Aug 2015, 22:18 »
I understand perfectly Gnomi,thank you for the reply and the speared time for us!I just hope to hear the Teams opinion like this on other threads too so we would know should we continue discussion or just stop!Thank you and I wish you and your team only success and luck and keep the awesome work! :-) I hope you understand me and there is no hard feelings towards.me! :-)
I will focus on the Brief Suggestions that LoM created and.hope.that the Team will like.some of them! :-)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

korner

• Bibliothekar Bruchtals
« Antwort #68 am: 24. Aug 2015, 22:20 »
Even in this thread the team has now said multiple times that they don´t like to spend any time to make those models nor to implement them in any way into the mod.

But still after every post from the team the discussion starts again about "compromises"... what the hell?
You want the team to answer, but if they answer you totally ignore what they are saying.

If you want those dwarven units, you´ll have to make the models, animations and whatever is necessary by yourself, offer it to the modders and maybe it will then be implemented.

Any further discussion about compromises is obsolete, as stated several times by the team members.

This is exactly what I meant by focussing your efforts on ideas which actually have any chance to be implemented...

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
« Antwort #69 am: 24. Aug 2015, 22:24 »
Even in this thread the team has now said multiple times that they don´t like to spend any time to make those models nor to implement them in any way into the mod.

But still after every post from the team the discussion starts again about "compromises"... what the hell?
You want the team to answer, but if they answer you totally ignore what they are saying.

If you want those dwarven units, you´ll have to make the models, animations and whatever is necessary by yourself, offer it to the modders and maybe it will then be implemented.

Any further discussion about compromises is obsolete, as stated several times by the team members.

This is exactly what I meant by focussing your efforts on ideas which actually have any chance to be implemented...
1 thing I will say is this, out of all the people who have posted in this thread, your posts are the most hostile, inciting and rude. Everybody else I have seen post here has been perfectly reasonable and nice, even when expressing disappointment, but you seem to take offense at the slightest things. There is absolutely nothing wrong with people attempting to come up with a compromise, whether its likely to be implemented or not. Its their free time, and if it is not directly violating the code of conduct than they are free to do so.

Please improve your conduct in future posts  :-|
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #70 am: 24. Aug 2015, 22:29 »
And now:
Chill everybody. Nevermind what someone says, we're still here for our hobby.

A small reminder for everyone:
You can also send PMs.
Currently all of the moderators have a ton of stuff to do, but normally, when we have a bit more time all the posts which aren't about the topic are deleted and we'll start doing this again when we have a bit more time. If you want to talk about things not reliant with the topic, but smething between you and another user. Do it via PM.
This doesn't help anyone and doesn't help the atmosphere as everyone just gets angry. PMs are the best way for that. Additionally it makes the whole topic confusing for new people.

I will now close this, as everything has been said and probably only spam would follow. If someone thinks that he has another important thing to write down here:
Write a PM to a moderator, tell him what you want to write and then we'll re-open this topic.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #71 am: 11. Dez 2015, 05:53 »
I already informed Gnomi, and I decided to unlock this thread, and move it to the Discussion and Feedback section, to continue this significant debate, now focusing, though, on giving our opinions of the newly created design, which was something surprising for me as well.

Also, I really hope that this will be the beginning of a serious and pacific debate, also including people that might still object this change, of course.
It was a pity that this thread ended up being closed (legitimately closed) for a very harsh confrontation among many different views.

I personally regard it as a real radical and 'revolutionary' change, that maybe will mark the beginning of a new course of the Edain Mod, who knows.

So, instead of what I sometimes did in this forum, I unlock this thread  :)

--- UNLOCKED ---

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
Re: BOTFA design for the Iron Hills units
« Antwort #72 am: 11. Dez 2015, 07:59 »
I think this is a great idea Die, and for my part I think that the new dwarf design is brilliant. A perfect blend of movie and book.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

™Æ¿® Aragorn £ ‡™

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • I can do quite a bit of coding myself :P
« Antwort #73 am: 11. Dez 2015, 08:52 »
                                                   ________
                                                   ------------

These Iron hills models really were a Surprise.                                                                                                               
                                                   ------------
                                                   ________

They looked so good I didn't even notice the edain team kept the original style
they used on the older models (Red,grey :P).

It'd be really cool if the new Slaughterer model (Or should I say... Veteran, my money is on their new name being Iron hills veterans :P.)

Had the Iron hills style helmet of the normal troops, but instead they can have the front part of their helmet cover their face 100% (just like Dwarven Defenders)

and perhaps a cape :P.
« Letzte Änderung: 11. Dez 2015, 13:08 von ™Lord of Ængmar‡™ »
Sup :P

Adamin

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Vala
  • Und das Alles ohne einen einzigen Tropfen Rum!
« Antwort #74 am: 11. Dez 2015, 13:00 »
Let's keep it going with the Iron Hills Slaughterers.