23. Mai 2024, 22:50 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Mounted Hobbits  (Gelesen 2048 mal)

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
Mounted Hobbits
« am: 18. Okt 2015, 13:03 »
Greetings, staff of the Edain!^^

I just saw another one of RuudDevil's video about Lorien, and I saw hobbits can actually climb on Treebeard! It's amazing, it's something I've been waiting for for a very long time!^^
So I'd like to give you a suggestion (another long-term wish xD): why not making Merry and Pippin able to mount with Eowyn and Gandalf, just like Frodo and Sam can climb on Treebeard? This way those heroes aren't left back in the base (this happens almost anytime with Merry when I play with Rohan, due to his unability to ride and the effectiveness of Rohan's cavalry which almost makes the use of cavalry a must), nor they risk to die easily (this happens quite often, too, especially when attacking the enemy base).
Making them able to mount with Eowyn/Gandalf would be rather lore-wise and also useful:
- When mounted with the sword, Eowyn/Gandalf attacks twice, but the second attack is weaker
- When mounted with rocks, Eowyn/Gandalf can actually throw rocks from the horse (of course is the hobbit the one throwing rocks)
However, when Eowyn/Gandalf is killed/unmounts, Merry and Pippin will immediately return to standalone heroes. This way you can also increase the hobbits and Shadowfax's usefulness (don't know about other players, but personally I haven't ever had any good reason to make Gandalf ride Shadowfax, since he's mainly more efficient on foot)

What do you think about it?^^

Melkor Bauglir

• Held von Helms Klamm
Re: Mounted Hobbits
« Antwort #1 am: 18. Okt 2015, 13:45 »
Well, this idea was already made numerous times, due to not being included, I guess, the Team either doesn't like the idea or is impossible to do.
However, I absolutely like this idea, at least for Merry: Rohan is such a mobile faction and scouts are already weak enough in LG plus it was a very fun scene in RotK. Thus, I would totally support this for Merry.
Concerning Pippin, I kind of thing there should be a better way to increase his usefulness in later stages of the game. Gondor is not so heavily reliant at speed and Gandalf taking Pippin with him when fighting the Nazgûl was actually pretty silly -the main reason why he rode him to Minas Tirith in the first place was Shadowfax being ridiculously fast! ;)
Therefore I like the idea for Merry, but not that much for Pippin.

Greetings
Melkor Bauglir

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #2 am: 19. Okt 2015, 09:17 »
awesome idea it will be awesome to combine gandalf with pipin and mery with eowyn

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #3 am: 20. Okt 2015, 20:30 »
As far as I remember the problem is mainly technical. We discussed that quite often and every time we stopped working on it, because the amount of work was too huge.

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #4 am: 20. Okt 2015, 23:11 »
Let's hope you find a solution for that...after all, even the CaH was an impossible feature long ago^^

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #5 am: 21. Okt 2015, 00:19 »
Well, that's something different - technically it's possible, just the amount of work for this is way too much.^^

But I think everything is said here. If someone has something else to say just PM me. :)

---close---