28. Mai 2024, 09:53 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Umfrage

Should tag-team abilities be implemented?

Yes (any suggestions?)
Yes... but something bothers me (care to share?)
Not sure (i'll let you ponder on that)
No.... but if something was fixed it would be yes (what do you feel could fix it?)
No (why not?)

Autor Thema: Tag-Team Abilities  (Gelesen 1507 mal)

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
Tag-Team Abilities
« am: 24. Okt 2015, 22:55 »
Concept Idea:
Certain abilities get a better/stronger effect if they are activated shortly after the another unit nearby activates a specific ability.

Based off:
Battle of the five armies, the dwarves being used as trampolines by the elves:

This came to me randomly when I was watching Battle of the Five Armies and I saw the elves jump over the dwarves to get an advantage. The idea is to promote/enhance teams in the PvPs, I doubt it will be used much in skirmish as the AI has quite a.... limited strategy. This will really enhance the team concepts and maybe allow certain races that were previously not team-compatible to become so. This is implementable although I believe it will take some (lots) work. It can be based of the Witch-King's Aura ability, which is the only ability that has that concept I believe.

Some Example:
If Aragorn (Gondor) uses blade master while Legolas (Elves) use his knives or vice-versa both abilities get an enhanced +25% damaged boost. Ability must be activated close to each other and within 10 seconds.

If Merry (Rohan) uses Dagger of the Noldor while Pippin's (Gondor) Dagger of the Noldor is active or vice-versa then their speed is increased by 25% more.Ability must be activated close to each other and within 10 seconds.

If Haldir (Elves) uses his Hope ability (need elves implemented to remember name  :( ) on Aragorn (Gondor) uses his Blade master Ability the effect of Haldir's ability are boosted by X%. Ability must be activated close to each other and within 10 seconds.

Uhmm.. that makes two Gondor & Elves doesn't it. Well, nevermind you get the idea. I'll put a poll up top for people that don't feel like writing but still want to give their opinion. If you do want to write, I'm all hears (eyes?).
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
Re: Tag-Team Abilities
« Antwort #1 am: 25. Okt 2015, 11:00 »
Sadly such a concept is not possible. I cant influence the effect of another ability. Thanks for this suggestion, but it fails because of the engine BFME.

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
« Antwort #2 am: 25. Okt 2015, 12:58 »
Well, it was worth. Thanks for telling me, I would have hate to never know why. I understand you guys can't exactly do anything. Shame, it would have been fun.
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #3 am: 25. Okt 2015, 14:11 »
Sadly, not everything can be achieved in the game; there are specific boundaries as well that must necessarily be followed.

So, given the exhaustive and clear answer from Ealendril, I lock this topic.

Don't forget that, though, in case this discussion might interest other people either way, boundaries or not, it's still possible creating a thread in the Off-Topic section  :)

--- Locked ---