27. Apr 2024, 17:37 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: War of the Ring - immediate victory problem  (Gelesen 5762 mal)

threealls

• Bilbos Festgast
War of the Ring - immediate victory problem
« am: 31. Jan 2012, 23:34 »
Hi guys, another question from me. I hope I don't bother you too much. I am playing war of the ring campaign with Imladris. When I attack a province, I win the battle with AI after something like 10 minutes. AI is just defeated without any effort from me. I don't attack their base, don't destroy any of their buildings, they just give up. Do you have any idea about this problem ?

threealls

• Bilbos Festgast
Re:War of the Ring - immediate victory problem
« Antwort #1 am: 31. Jan 2012, 23:41 »
And here the statistics screen for my last battle of same type :

In this battle, Misty Mountains orcs attacked my owned province. They have 4 or 5 units and one hero in their army. I killed many warg units but I think that they were random creatures of the map.

Elros

• Seher der Elben
« Antwort #2 am: 1. Feb 2012, 04:07 »
I think, the display says "Dein Gegner überlässt dir dieses Gebiet deiner grenzenlosen Macht". This actually isn't a bug, it's just of reation of the KI if it thinks it has noch chance (if you have too many troops).
But at the moment it is a common reason, why you win some matches when you actually think it was good balanced.
We are working on this problem, it is unwanted sideefftect the modification of "The war of the ring" has.

threealls

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #3 am: 1. Feb 2012, 13:56 »
But I don't have many troops, I have generally one hero and one battalion. I don't have fortress either. I think problem is that AI is rushing in the beginning of the game to destroy me, but when I kill their heroes, they just give up. Same strategy works when they are very strong, in one game, Isengard and Misty Mountains attacked with Saruman, Smaug and one more hero at the beginning of the game and I was defeated I could even complete construction of my fortress. But in this situation, it is not possible to play long campaigns that I will produce many kinds of units.

By the way, almost all maps I played in War of the Ring has many random archer units attacking both me and AI. I think there are too many of them. Once they just destroyed my fortress construction in the beginning of the game and I wasted 5000 money. May be, AI is also suffering from same problem.

So, for the moment, you say war of the ring campaign is unplayable due to this problem ? Would AI be more clever if I increase the difficulty to brutal ?

Elros

• Seher der Elben
« Antwort #4 am: 1. Feb 2012, 14:14 »
I, and I think many others, have this problem, too.
Even if I increased the difficulty of my enemies, they gave up after me overcoming the first rush of the AI. I don't even know, if the team is already working on this special problems, but I will tell them again to make sure it gets improved.

But all in all I have to tell you, that the "War of the Ring" is not the main focus of the Edain team. It took us a while to make it playable because of all the bugs the new factions, buildings, troops etc. caused, but unfortunately it is still a little buggy. But the main focus of the Edain team is on getting the single- and multiplayer of the "normal" skirmishes playable, and therefore the team cannot effort as much time in the war of the ring as many liked it. The priorities are simply allocated on other things. I would prefer to get the war of the ring running proper too, but we have to take, what we are given. :)

threealls

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #5 am: 1. Feb 2012, 14:39 »
I understand Elros. Just to inform you : I changed the victory condition from destruction to conquest ( eroberung ) and in my first battle, AI just crushed me with huge amount of troops. AI rushed in the beginning of game again but they didn't give up after the death of their heroes. I will make more tests to see, may be it is just luck. Thank you for answers.

Elros

• Seher der Elben
« Antwort #6 am: 1. Feb 2012, 14:43 »
Hmm, if this always works, the problem is solved :D

If you have any more problems, tell us. We are dependent on the community to improve the mod. Thank you very much for your engagement, threealls. :)

Spike9702231

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #7 am: 18. Feb 2012, 07:22 »
was going to start a thread about those"no reason give after less than 10 mins of play" so its not jsut me i see ... ring wars is personally the reason why i still play BFME (mainly) so i do hope some update will come to fix this :)

(but i understand the makers might not have the same interest as me keep up the good work still love your mod ^^)