28. Apr 2024, 13:36 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Game crash starting the game, windows 7.  (Gelesen 14537 mal)

blackje

• Hobbit
Game crash starting the game, windows 7.
« am: 14. Jul 2012, 01:24 »
Dear friends,

I have a serious problem. Whenever I try to start the mod, the game crashes and it gives me an error log. On the german part of the forum I have already seen a post that concerns a similar error, and most people get this error with windows 7. It has something to do with the appdata/roaming map. Anyways, the explanation for the problem is in German and I don't really understand any german. So if anyone can explain to me how to fix this and how to instal this mod propperly on windows 7, I would be glad!

Thanks in advance.

Der König Düsterwalds

• Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • Das ist mein Profil, raus hier :P
Re:Game crash starting the game, windows 7.
« Antwort #1 am: 14. Jul 2012, 02:29 »
First a warm welcome :)
Befor you try to do something with the map folder you should try to run the mod as an administrator (solved my crash problem once). If this dont work try to reinstall the whole game.

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #2 am: 14. Jul 2012, 10:43 »
Probably the normal Win 7/Vista problem:
http://wiiare.in/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/die-schlacht-um-mittelerdee284a2-ii-vista-patch.rar
Download this folder. Go to the folder "C:\Users\PC\AppData\Roaming" on your computer - if you don't see it you have to change the folder settings so that you can also see invisible folders.
Create a new folder called "My The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king Files" and a new called "My Battle for Middle-earth(tm) II Files".
Put the downoaded options.ini and the downloaded Maps-folder in both.

So the option.ini should have following path:
For BfmE II RotW:
C:\Users\PC\AppData\Roaming\My The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king Files

For normal BfmE II:
C:\Users\PC\AppData\Roaming\My Battle for Middle-earth(tm) II Files

(if you also wanna play BfmE I:C:\Users\PC\AppData\Roaming\My Battle for Middle-earth Files)

Now start the game and enjoy playing. :)

The problem is that this folders aren't created by starting the game for the first time on most win vista/ win 7 computers. (on Win xp they are created)
So yo have to create them manually. The game (BfmE I, BfmE II or the addon) is always searching for the options.ini as this file is needed for all the settings - but as it can't create it and can't find it the game crashes.

« Letzte Änderung: 14. Jul 2012, 10:45 von Gnomi »

blackje

• Hobbit
« Antwort #3 am: 14. Jul 2012, 10:57 »
Good, thanks for the soon answers! I am actually reïnstalling the game already at this point, since running as administrator didn't work either.

Concerning the folders: I had thought it was this problem, but what you just explained isn't relevant with my problem, since I had those folders in that map already.

Anyways, I am trying to reïnstal the game and reïnstall the mod. If this isn't working, I will try to make a screenshot of my error and post it here.

p.s. thanks for the warm welcome!
« Letzte Änderung: 14. Jul 2012, 10:59 von blackje »

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #4 am: 14. Jul 2012, 11:01 »
Did you ahve the options.ini?
Because without the options.ini it doesn't work even when you have the folders.

Perhaps try to start the game before you have instlaled Edain (just check if it is working) then patch the game to 2.1 (important!) ind install edain after that. It SHOULD work then...^^

blackje

• Hobbit
« Antwort #5 am: 14. Jul 2012, 11:05 »
Did you ahve the options.ini?

I sure did have the options.ini :). Ill try everything you have said.

You'll hear from me.

Good news! It is working!

I appreciate you both for your help!
« Letzte Änderung: 14. Jul 2012, 15:17 von Ealendril der Dunkle »