27. Apr 2024, 18:41 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Ask the Edain Team  (Gelesen 139931 mal)

Turin Turumbar

• Administrator
  • Hüter von Anduril
Re: Ask the Edain Team
« Antwort #90 am: 27. Jun 2015, 14:09 »
Why not a French version? Easy answer: No one in the team speaks French.
We only have a German version of the Mod, because the whole team is German or speaks German.
The English version is there because most people in the world will understand English.
French is not necessary. :D

You always need to think of the amount of work you would need to put in to add another language and its a lot. You would need to translate all the texts, then find good sounds, cut them, convert them and code them into the game. Simply not possible for our team.

But as said often: If you want to make Edain in your language: Do it! We are open for fan made translations. ;)

The mixture of sounds happens, because Edain still uses sounds from the base game. These sounds will stay French, since you have the base game installed in French.

Palpou

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #91 am: 27. Jun 2015, 15:55 »
Why not a French version? Easy answer: No one in the team speaks French.
We only have a German version of the Mod, because the whole team is German or speaks German.
The English version is there because most people in the world will understand English.
French is not necessary. :D

You always need to think of the amount of work you would need to put in to add another language and its a lot. You would need to translate all the texts, then find good sounds, cut them, convert them and code them into the game. Simply not possible for our team.

But as said often: If you want to make Edain in your language: Do it! We are open for fan made translations. ;)

That's what I had in mind and what I thought :). I don't know how complex it would be. For some games it's not impossible, just some changes in some files. We already translated tons of mods for Skyrim. But for Edain mod I have no idea.
What's sure is that I didn't want to ask english or germans to translate it into french, it's nearly impossible ^^.
That's why I wanted to know how difficult it was to translate the mod into english, to see if I (or another french) could do it into french.

-Mandos-

• Bündnisgenosse der Elben und Menschen
  • Mess with the Best!
« Antwort #92 am: 27. Jun 2015, 16:20 »
It is uncertainly a huge amount of text  8-|
And then there are the voices... I dont know how much work those would be, but I guess it could be as much work as the text.
A Túrin Turambar turún' ambartanen!
Túrin, master of doom, by doom mastered!

Palpou

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #93 am: 27. Jun 2015, 17:04 »
Ok, in fact it's nearly impossible without massive text replacements like Word. With the good keywords of course. But it might be interesting.
It's a huge amount of work, and being a medical student it may take a while to achieve that ^^. But worth it, it's a really great mod that deserves to be known in France. Just that many french are anglophobic/germanophobic (foreignophobic in fact, or just francophil ^^).

If I can translate some block of text and that a superior could integrate them eventually, it would be awesome (don't know if that's difficult). The first thing I had in mind was rather voices, it makes a lot for immersion. I think it's possible that I find some french voices (corresponding to the english ones of course, not random ^^), but I don't know for exemple what extention is required, what could arrange modder...
But I think the project of an english translation is a good opportunity for other translations (but of course it's not a priority).
The best would be that I start when all factions will be in place and balanced.

Palpou

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #94 am: 27. Jun 2015, 21:06 »
Sorry for double posting (it's not a race, right ?), but for more readability I prefer separate my question:

How does the expedition works ? (The dwarf outpost with horses). I bring guardians, there are horses, I click everywhere, but nothing happens. Is there a power to use ? A hero ? A building ?

-Mandos-

• Bündnisgenosse der Elben und Menschen
  • Mess with the Best!
« Antwort #95 am: 27. Jun 2015, 21:16 »
You have to combine your guardians with the ponys (they will spawn if there aren't any). Then you lose control over them and they leave the map and with a high chane they just died. But with a low chance you'll get veterans and mithril, this chance will increase until you get your veterans, so dont worry ^^
(And it takes some time for them to come back...)

A Túrin Turambar turún' ambartanen!
Túrin, master of doom, by doom mastered!

Saruman der Bunte

• Held von Helms Klamm
  • Es gibt nichts Praktischeres als eine gute Theorie
« Antwort #96 am: 27. Jun 2015, 21:25 »
Sorry for double posting (it's not a race, right ?), but for more readability I prefer separate my question:

How does the expedition works ? (The dwarf outpost with horses). I bring guardians, there are horses, I click everywhere, but nothing happens. Is there a power to use ? A hero ? A building ?

Click on the guardians, then click on the horses to combine them. You can also click on the horses first and then click on the guardians, doesn't matter.

"Zwei Dinge erfüllen das Gemüt mit immer neuer und zunehmenden Bewunderung und Ehrfurcht, je öfter und anhaltender sich das Nachdenken damit beschäftigt: Der bestirnte Himmel über mir, und das moralische Gesetz in mir."
                   -Immanuel Kant-

Dank an CMG für das Banner und den Avatar!

Palpou

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #97 am: 27. Jun 2015, 22:36 »
Thank you two !
In fact, I tried again tonight and it works. Not at the begining of the skirmish but later.
If I tried to combine guardians and horses at the begining, the cursor is a square (like with other units that can't be combined).

Is there a requirement ? A mine ? Or Balin ?

korner

• Bibliothekar Bruchtals
« Antwort #98 am: 27. Jun 2015, 22:44 »
The 2 starting units cannot be sent on expedition. Only guardinas which you build yourself.

Reason: would be overpowered if you send the starting units on expedition and get veterans of khazad dum right at the beginning of the game!

bookworm1138

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • "Lasto beth nîn, tolo dan nan galad"
« Antwort #99 am: 28. Jun 2015, 04:53 »
Edain 4.0 "demo" came out in April, I believe. Two months later, the Dwarves are brought out.

Barring any egregious difficulties or unforeseen problems, is this bimonthly update what we may see in the future with the other sides?
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."

Lord of Mordor

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #100 am: 28. Jun 2015, 07:13 »
We generally don't make any release promises because unexpected delays can always arise and we don't want people to be disappointed. However, we do plan to keep up a somewhat steady release of new factions.
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul
Richtlinien für Edain-Vorschläge
I Edain Suggestion Guidelines

Palpou

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #101 am: 28. Jun 2015, 20:48 »
Another question: Is that technically possible to have ram-trolls in Edain mod ? The animation, the walls etc ? (I don't specially want them but just to know if this is technically possible ^^).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeeZx2GB9qs

Adamin

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Vala
  • Und das Alles ohne einen einzigen Tropfen Rum!
« Antwort #102 am: 28. Jun 2015, 20:56 »
Probably not.

korner

• Bibliothekar Bruchtals
« Antwort #103 am: 29. Jun 2015, 15:55 »

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #104 am: 29. Jun 2015, 19:52 »