27. Apr 2024, 18:26 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Ask the Edain Team  (Gelesen 139930 mal)

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
Re: Ask the Edain Team
« Antwort #225 am: 2. Dez 2015, 08:31 »
Oh rest assured many surprises are yet to come ;)

You could comment on the news on MODDB^^.

Branchez

• Bilbos Festgast
  • Captain-General/ High Warden of the White Tower
« Antwort #226 am: 2. Dez 2015, 16:47 »
Hihihihhihihi that sounds promising  xD (**)

Who says I didn't?  :P

Soboko

• Hobbit
« Antwort #227 am: 2. Dez 2015, 20:40 »
Was that the one from Petri Tikka?
Thanks, that's it! Video is quiet weird though  xD

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #228 am: 8. Dez 2015, 20:10 »
Hello people,

After some of game I played today, I noticed something which is probably normal thing, but it "poisoned my mind" literally. xD
I have noticed that while Dark Queen is leveling, she has that red level animation which is probably ok when we take into consideration her nature. It is same as animation of leveling of all heroes from evil factions:

http://postimg.org/image/y8qnjqr6r/full/

What I found interesting is fact that animation of leveling is different in color (evil=red, good=white), but why there is not those particles in animation of leveling of evil heroes, which exist in animation of leveling of good ones?

These particles: http://postimg.org/image/3skqlm5nn/full/

Regards,
CragLord

Adamin

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Vala
  • Und das Alles ohne einen einzigen Tropfen Rum!
« Antwort #229 am: 8. Dez 2015, 22:38 »
Truly evil characters don't sparkle. xD Just look at Twilight!

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #230 am: 8. Dez 2015, 22:47 »
Why you then don't add instead of white some dark sparkles?
Dark purple or Black-dark purple etc? xD

P.S What about twilight?  :P

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #231 am: 9. Dez 2015, 00:42 »
Why you then don't add instead of white some dark sparkles?
Dark purple or Black-dark purple etc? xD

P.S What about twilight?  :P

In Twilight, the Vampires are surely the most terrible and deadly animal/machine/thing for human beings, yet they sparkle if hit by light, showing their almost-diamond-made quite indestructible body, which makes them also appear as immensely beautiful beings; but their Beauty is dreadfully determined by Nature as one of their means to attract and kill preys (as if inhuman speed and strength weren't enough...).

So, they are indeed the embodiment of deadliness, and they sparkle.
But, as you may know, Twilight Vampires are not really the archetype of cruel and evil beings  [ugly]
(Yes, I read those books a couple of years ago; it was summer, and I didn't have other interesting things to do  [uglybunti]).

After this grotesque overview about Twilight, I agree that Dark Galadriel shouldn't sparkle.
She is cruel and 'evil' by definition, as a degenerate and corrupted being (Seaweed Galadriel is technically another matter)  ;)

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #232 am: 9. Dez 2015, 00:53 »
Guys, that was simple question about animation, why is different in general?
If sparkles are because they are sparkles of white light which indicates on general good ok. I just asked is possible to make some dark version of them.
I thought Admin joked with me a bit. xD

P.S. With all respect, I find those "Twilight" things as complete joke. xD  :D

-Mandos-

• Bündnisgenosse der Elben und Menschen
  • Mess with the Best!
« Antwort #233 am: 9. Dez 2015, 00:59 »
As much as I know its not that easy to get black FX's and they are quite depending on the engine. And most probably the FX for leveling heroes up hasnt changed from the original game and no one cared enough to change it for evil heroes (I dont even notice those level ups as a FX anymore, I just see a "Level up, pay attention now"- sign ^^)
A Túrin Turambar turún' ambartanen!
Túrin, master of doom, by doom mastered!

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #234 am: 9. Dez 2015, 01:05 »
Guys, that was simple question about animation, why is different in general?
If sparkles are because they are sparkles of white light which indicates on general good ok. I just asked is possible to make some dark version of them.
I thought Admin joked with me a bit. xD

P.S. With all respect, I find those "Twilight" things as complete joke. xD  :D

Didn't I solve your doubts (some of them, at least), Crag?  :P

Yes, I too imagined that it was a joke.
But, maybe I got it wrongly, I think that Adamin subtly wanted to express his support for the current system, given that Dark Galadriel is theoretically 'evil' and accordingly levels up how the other evil heroes do.

Those were just conceptual aspects from Twilight to answer your question.
Apart from them, I don't know, though, if my Adamin-related speculations are right  xD

Adamin

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Vala
  • Und das Alles ohne einen einzigen Tropfen Rum!
« Antwort #235 am: 9. Dez 2015, 08:43 »
Well, since this is the "Ask the Edain Team" Thread and not a Suggestion Thread, I thought this was also meant as a bit of a joke. Why isn't it used? I guess the Original Developers did it that way and noone ever noticed before you, honestly. :)

As to what we could do: I'd say it's relatively low on our priority list.
As much as I know its not that easy to get black FX's and they are quite depending on the engine.

Yes. Since FX Particles are mainly Light Effects and there is no Black colored Light it's hard to get this effect. We could use something like a dust/smoke effect maybe, or just color the sparkly particles red/orange.

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #236 am: 9. Dez 2015, 12:41 »

Thanks man. :)
I was just curious about this in general. ;)

Maybe in minor way. But I really didn't see that as technical reason. xD :P
I think this was vanila game bug, so those Twiligh things were completely irrelevant in some thought of mine. But I wasn't sure about that, so I posted this here, it is maybe more general thing concerning animation, so I presumed that here I will get some quick techical answer. :)

Sincerely, Adamin, if you take a look on my first comment correlated to this matter, I wasn't suggesting anything. I was just curious, and I have posted some pictures so you guys can better understand what I wanted to ask. So I really don't know why you considered it as joke.
So, I presumed it is trivial thing on which I can get the fastest answer here. If I really wanted to suggest change or improvement of animation, I would posted this in some topic of Suggestion board. :) I am not so "responsible" for
development  of rest of conversation.  :D
Concerning particles of other color, this was also mainly question not suggestion, because I had on my mind situation with Galadriel's gifts. There we have same animation which is green, and particles have color theme in correlation of green color, so I presumed there exists same combination with this red animation. That's all.
I don't know how I noticed that, it was just random reaction while playing game, I presume I have eye for details.  xD
About dark particles, that was just random thought. :P
If there exists possibility of adding some colored particles maybe you can add them in some future, again, I am aware this is not so important thing as you have said, and probably no one pays attention to it, except me. :) But also in my opinion it is matter of some "balance" between animations. I really don't see reason why evil animation shouldn't have those particles. And this is also matter of graphical settings in game, so person who isn't playing game of Ultra High or High graphical settings, won't see particles anyway.

P.S.  And again, if developers left that evil leveling animation without particles, question is was that bug in vanila game from that graphical aspect?  ;)

Again, I mainly wanted to get some information with these posts, not to suggest something in general. :)

Regards,
CragLord
« Letzte Änderung: 9. Dez 2015, 15:02 von CragLord »

Bogdan Hmel

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #237 am: 9. Dez 2015, 14:54 »
 I want to ask a question about Mollok and Boromir.These heroes have a problem with their attack.
Very often it happens that they are a long time stand without action after a hit.This is done intentionally?
Or is the problem of the engine and cannot be repaired?

Aule the creator

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
« Antwort #238 am: 10. Dez 2015, 16:16 »
hi i wanted to know are all the dwarves going to get this armor , i think all dwarf factions should definitely get this armor the campaign is going to be so amazing  just different color robes different color beards , they should keep elite units the same

Lord of Mordor

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #239 am: 10. Dez 2015, 16:17 »
All Dwarven factions will get completely unique designs :) They'll actually look more different from each other than they do now.
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul
Richtlinien für Edain-Vorschläge
I Edain Suggestion Guidelines