27. Apr 2024, 21:15 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: New Skins for Arnor Soldiers!?  (Gelesen 15938 mal)

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
New Skins for Arnor Soldiers!?
« am: 31. Mär 2015, 14:42 »
I was thinking since Gondor got new skins for its Soldiers which are so good looking I really like them,esepcially the Shoulder Armor,why not Arnor get one too!?Arnor already ahs one of te coolest Elite Units in Game for me at least and those are the Palace Guards I love them they look so great and are in my top 3 favourtie Units their skins are amasing and also they ahve the coolset looking Rangers those under Carthean Command!So I just wante to suggest to make some minor changes like some kind of Shoulder Armor with some change in the Chest Armor or something like that!I mean if it is possible and the Team has the wish and time to do it some time in the future cuz I realease that they are busy now with the upcoming Factions!So good luck Team and keep up the astonishing work! :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

CragLord

• Gast
Re: New Skins for Arnor Soldiers!?
« Antwort #1 am: 19. Jul 2015, 21:03 »
Team obviously used movie's models for both factions.
For Arnor is used Numenorian solder model from prologe of Lotr:Fellowship of the Ring.
http://postimg.org/image/invimeppf/
And those soldiers don't have shoulder armor.(Maybe is better to stay like this, it makes more difference from Gondor in some way.)
Similar  story for Gondor infantry, but their models from movie have that shoulder armor...
And I really don't understand why team have completly remove simbol of Nimploth from Arnor faction!?
I really like new coat of arms, but in my opinion that new simbol should be used for Heroes (it represents their ruling objects) and elite units (Palanir Guards (nice palantir simbol should stay), New  Elite Swordsmen have also nice simbol.)
For basic units (swordsmen, archers, pikeman, cavalry) should be used simol of Nimploth. This way all history facts have been covered.

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #2 am: 20. Jul 2015, 15:01 »

« Letzte Änderung: 20. Jul 2015, 15:17 von TiberiusOgden »

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #3 am: 20. Jul 2015, 19:28 »
First picture is unusable (to fuzzy), second also with exception of Arnor's king appearance which is already used in game, third looks more like some elven armour.

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #4 am: 20. Jul 2015, 19:34 »
look at the helmet man its kinda looks like aragorns crown

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #5 am: 20. Jul 2015, 19:42 »
Hmm, don't want to offend you in  anyway, but have you seen crown/hemlet of High Kings? It's similar but in my opinion worse...
Elendil's: http://www.oocities.org/rodimus_99/elendilhelm_03.jpg
Isildur's (while he was prince) : http://www.collecttolkien.com/images/Helmets/Helm%20FOTR%20Isildur%20Sideshow.jpg
« Letzte Änderung: 20. Jul 2015, 20:10 von CragLord »

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #6 am: 21. Jul 2015, 09:58 »
I think the Soldiers should have their Capes from the Epilogue! :)I liked it very much and if change can be done to them I tihnk adding the Cape wil lbe great! :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #7 am: 21. Jul 2015, 12:31 »
That is nice idea for experimenting. I would also like to see that. Watched that Epilogue again, just before writing this comment, and I also noticed that Numenorian Archers, and also Noldor's wariors have capes, and standard battalion's commanders/generals didn't have capes, they just hold sword while marching. :) (So no changes for banner carriers) 

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #8 am: 26. Jul 2015, 19:23 »
I tihnk they deseve the Capes since it represent their Old Style from 2nd Age and will make them more Unique than other Factions where only Elite Units have Capes! :)

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #9 am: 28. Jul 2015, 15:19 »
Agree about capes, they will look more dignified and unique with capes.

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #10 am: 20. Aug 2015, 07:47 »
Yes,they will look more proud and noble !!After all they are Numenoroians! :-)

Skylarapas

• Hobbit
« Antwort #11 am: 17. Sep 2015, 22:22 »
Well I for one agree. But it's up to the team. I believe they have something really good up their minds for Arnor (not making it separate). If you watch the prologue of the movie again you'll notice in the midst of battle just where the camera lifts to Elrond, that there's a Dunedain Soldier holding an Axe and struggling against orcs. He is just behind Elrond. JUST RIGHT behind him.

Then I remembered that Tolkien wrote in the Appendices of ROTK that ancient Gondor soldiers carried Axes as well as swords. So I thought that even though making entirely different battalions of Axemen for Arnor wouldn't serve a role, giving instead for each battalion randomly generated 2-3 Axemen seems a good idea and it strengthens the feeling of diversity from Gondor.

However, unless the team finds something else this would be only for visual purposes.

I hope somebody from THE TEAM sees this.

Aule the creator

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
« Antwort #12 am: 30. Okt 2015, 17:17 »
i agree as well i think they should give arnor armor from the campaign it looks weird without the white tree keep elite units thhe same way and change regular infantry like for example archers swords and spears basic units and arvedui shield  (**)

Mercer John

• Hobbit
Re: Arnor New Design
« Antwort #13 am: 11. Dez 2015, 23:13 »
Since Edain Team was upgrading dwarfs and Elfs as new faction and new soldiers skins, Arnor has been the same since 3.8.1 on design. I suggest that Edain Team need to upgrade Arnor so it look better ( like the others factions) and more Edain Style. What do you think about it.

Darkayah

• Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • The old blood will unite them, but destroy all
« Antwort #14 am: 12. Dez 2015, 00:47 »
I think the skins of the Arnor-Soldiers have a very high grade and are with others the best skins in the game. I don't think that Arnor needs new skins. And they current armor is like in the books and a mix from the movies.
« Letzte Änderung: 12. Dez 2015, 00:54 von Beautiful Darkness X Christmas »
Grüße Darkayah

Of old blood, magic, fire and darkness!
The old blood will unite them all, but causes the  world to be destroyed!
-Prophecy of Valarya

Lust auf eine alternative Mittelerde Geschichte und dazu ein RPG? ?
Der Thron von Mittelerde