28. Mär 2024, 23:12 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Adding Faramir to custom Ithilien Map  (Gelesen 2654 mal)

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
Adding Faramir to custom Ithilien Map
« am: 2. Apr 2015, 19:29 »
Hi all^^

I'm working on a new map (Northern Ithilien) and I want to add a feature on it: a new player position near the Forbidden Pool, who starts with just two batallions of Rangers and Faramir. To set up a base, it has to destroy a Mordor Outpost (already built) in the northwestern area. But when I placed Faramir (GondorFaramir_forFaramir Map), I was still able to recruit him again from the Forbidden Pool (I'd like to make him like in campaign maps, where you start with few troops and heroes already recruited, but can be revived if they die). How can I do that?

I tried making him spawn as a delayed-carryover unit (as seen in the scripts of the campaign maps of the game), but that didn't work

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
Re: Adding Faramir to custom Ithilien Map
« Antwort #1 am: 5. Mai 2015, 12:57 »
ET, please give me a hand, as I'm still having this problem. I successfully managed to make Faramir spawn correctly, but I still can recruit him again from the Forbidden Pool (even if he's already present in the map as a starting unit)

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #2 am: 5. Mai 2015, 13:05 »
You cant fix that, reason is the spawnable hero-system. Heroes, who can be revieved, cant be defined as a start-unit.
Maybe you could make a script which automatically press the revive-Button of Faramir in the beginning of the game...but then you will have to wait until he is recruted and pay the buildcost for him. I cant see any solution for your problem.
« Letzte Änderung: 5. Mai 2015, 13:13 von Ealendril »

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #3 am: 5. Mai 2015, 18:58 »
Ah, too bad, it's a pity. But then how did EA manage to make them working for campaign missions? For example, in the first mission of the Angmar Campaign, the player started with just a bunch of heroes, which, if died, could be revived later inside a fortress. Of course my map is not a singleplayer map, but I used the same scripts in that map. Is there anything I'm missing? (maybe a singleplayer map must be set differently?)

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #4 am: 5. Mai 2015, 19:03 »
Because its a campaign-mission. There are some kind of codes which define this things, for example:

; List CarryoverUnits which we don't want to appear at the beginning of the map automatically
; These units don't spawn right away; save them until the scripts ask for them
DelayCarryoverSpawningOf = ElvenElrond
DelayCarryoverSpawningOf = ElvenArwen
DelayCarryoverSpawningOf = DwarvenGloin

; These unit don't appear in this map as all; we're using this to hide their existence until later missions
DelayCarryoverSpawningOf = ElvenHaldir
DelayCarryoverSpawningOf = DwarvenDain
DelayCarryoverSpawningOf = ElvenThranduil

But its a pity, you cant use this codes for single-maps.

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #5 am: 6. Mai 2015, 02:33 »
Got it. Thank you for your help^^
Gotta find another solution, then :/