1. Mai 2024, 23:14 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Lorien in general  (Gelesen 21523 mal)

BuddhaCAT

• Bilbos Festgast
Re: Lorien
« Antwort #15 am: 21. Jun 2015, 18:23 »
Walkure , sorry for misspelling

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
Re: Lorien
« Antwort #16 am: 22. Jun 2015, 04:14 »
I agree with the main theme in this thread. Lorien is a unique faction closely connected to the land with a "heart" as their center of their golden realm. Therefore the Mallorn trees are perfect of "extending" the reach of the golden wood and also the power of Galadriel and Nenya. I am very interested in the concept of linking Nenya to the buildings of Lorien :-) Do you have any suggestions to this Die Walkurie

Exactly  :)
Lothlórien is an unique place in Middle Earth, because, as for Mordor, Minas Morgul or Rivendell, it is a place in which dwells an immensely mighty being that with its Magic causes changes on the real 'normal' World (mostly Weather) and permeates it according to its will; that's why Mordor is a hostile and dried land, always covered by dark ashes and smoke, and Lothlórien is an enchanted forest, untouched and untainted by the flow of Time and by any form of evil or sorrow.
Given these facts, Lothlórien (a legend in the Third Age also for the very Silvan Elves) is clearly very different by the Woodland Realm of Mirkwood, although both the two realms are inhabited by quite the same elven kin.

Probably it is too early to make official proposals about a faction that has not been released yet, nor do we know if it will be released after the Dwarves or later in the future  :P
But, I can synthetically tell you that I thought to extend the protection that Galadriel grants the surrounding units and heroes with Nenya (her ultimate power) also to the settlement of Lothlórien/Tree House if she is next to it; she would basically 'personally' cast as a hero the upgrade of the previous Edain 3.8.1 'Schutzbann Caras Galadhons' to the settlement, or they could allow her to create a temporary magical barrier around the Tree House.

This is just only an idea that I had previously already proposed on the 'old' EIC on ModDB; I will surely reformulate the proposal better, as all the proposed concepts by the Community need exhaustive explanations for the mechanics of the game and valid reasons about the lore accuracy  :)

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
Ultimate spell for Lorien
« Antwort #17 am: 19. Jul 2015, 18:00 »
I am not sure with "sunflare" as a ultimate spell for Lorien, and even with sunflare as a ultimate spell for good faction.

When Elves were divided, flood was moved to Imladris (and Last alliance spell was innovation) and Lorien received sunflare (and tears of Valar was innovation there).

I really don't know, but I personally don't like sunflare since vanilla game. Why?

1) Why sunflare when there is another and more suitable connection to sun - well known "cloud break"

2) Why elves are using sun in order to cause fire? Lorien and Woodland realm are in the deep forests. Why they want to use sun in order to cause fire? It doesn't make sence.

Elves aren't offensive and mainly use fire in their realms is suicide.
Silvan elves prefer moonlight and sindar pure light, but definitely not such exaggeration.

3) Technical aspect - animation, I really don't know but animation is strange for me. And it always remind me known bug with burning mad drummer troll from vanilla game.

Overall, I think that that Gorthaur has nice implementation of this spell, so I want to say that it seems more like evil spell than spell for some good faction.

So my famous question is - are we able to invent something more suitable? For instance tears of Valar fits perfectly for Lorien and it's really nice ultimate spell.

I think that we should think this way:

Many ultimate spells reflect iconic heroes or their abilities. For instance:
Aragorn's oathbreakers - Army of dead
Elrond's flood - Massive flood
Saruman as a skilfull pyrotechnist - Mines or Saruman as a lord of Isengard - Isengard unleashed
Necromancer - Gorthaur
etc. ...

So some demonstration of Gladys, Golden forest of Lorien, which can't be attacked, or we should take into account that spell tears of Valar demonstrates Lorien and second spell deserves some Mirkwood connection?

Some time ago we've talked with Tienety about it and we have some suggestion with army of eagles - for instance Gwaihir and four eagles like in the Botfa, but it would be quite useless, because eagles will have usual place in the spellbook + there is flying Radagast and many players would say that it's op and many players will say that it's useless because eagles are useless either way.

So what do you think about it?
« Letzte Änderung: 19. Jul 2015, 21:59 von TiberiusOgden »

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
Re: Lorien in general
« Antwort #18 am: 19. Jul 2015, 18:07 »
While I understand you reason and points and do agree about the need of change there!I simply can't think of another Spell that will fit there! :(
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

-Mandos-

• Bündnisgenosse der Elben und Menschen
  • Mess with the Best!
« Antwort #19 am: 19. Jul 2015, 18:18 »
When we discussed Lothlorien in the German forums I had a concept for the Lothlorien spellbook and in there I had one "path" as a mirkwood path, so I removed the sunflare and stayed with tears of the Valar for Lothlorien and invented a final mirkwood power.

I don't know if you know the Radagast spell from 3.81 where he summoned bushes with thorns to slow down enemies, but it was a little bit like this.

"The Mirkwood":
Summons plants and thorns in a huge area. Those plants slow down enemies by 50% and give them small debuffs on their other stats.

It should be a very useful spell for Lothlorien to make full use of their mobility and ranged units and it is another aspect of turning the battlefield against the enemy ^^

If anyone wants to look through the whole original concept (in german):
http://forum.modding-union.com/index.php/topic,3478.msg358641.html#msg358641

And all the other Lothlorien concepts (also in german), evaluated by many ( [uglybunti] ):
http://forum.modding-union.com/index.php/topic,3478.msg350930.html#msg350930
(with ideas for all structures, units and heroes)
« Letzte Änderung: 19. Jul 2015, 18:26 von -Mandos- »
A Túrin Turambar turún' ambartanen!
Túrin, master of doom, by doom mastered!

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #20 am: 19. Jul 2015, 18:23 »
Hi Mandos!
I'll check it. :D

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
« Antwort #21 am: 19. Jul 2015, 18:50 »
How about a final power that would passively strengthen buildings from the main camp and mallorns? I know it would be Lorien related but it would stress out the "natural and unassailable fortress" aspect tied to Nenya. It could even have some additional mechanics.

And I see you coming Tiberius! One could argue that this aspect has already been adapted with Mallorns. I shall answer that is not enough to reflect this very important aspect of Lorien.

"That still only counts as one!"

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #22 am: 19. Jul 2015, 19:05 »
How about a final power that would passively strengthen buildings from the main camp and mallorns? I know it would be Lorien related but it would stress out the "natural and unassailable fortress" aspect tied to Nenya.

Actually, this fundamental aspect of Lothlórien is already well represented in the ultimate power of Galadriel, Nenya's protection  :)

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
« Antwort #23 am: 19. Jul 2015, 19:08 »
If I'm not mistaking, the team never said it would affect anything else than units though.

"That still only counts as one!"

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #24 am: 19. Jul 2015, 19:39 »
I don't want speculate, but as it is stated in the update on moddb - they have interest to do Lorien more playable, or in other words - more attractive, many heroes will have new abilities, new purposes etc. And mainly - Lorien is still in progress. ;)
And concerning your proposal - either way - why not? Everything is better than sunflare
xD
But isn't your idea little bit average for finall spell?

By the way - Lorien spellbook will be (and always was) quite offensive.
And even sunflare had some place - it means that we should work on some offensive spell as well. In order to replace it.
« Letzte Änderung: 19. Jul 2015, 19:45 von TiberiusOgden »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #25 am: 19. Jul 2015, 20:06 »

By the way - Lorien spellbook will be (and always was) quite offensive.
And even sunflare had some place - it means that we should work on some offensive spell as well. In order to replace it.

But the problem is that the nature of Lothlórien is everything but offensive  :(
I sincerely don't like very much this 'offensive' element or characteristic of the faction.
This aspect, instead, could hypothetically fit for Mirkwood, even though Thranduil too has a predilection for isolation, on a minor scale.

ELB27

• Hobbit
« Antwort #26 am: 20. Jul 2015, 10:32 »
This is perhaps where the game must (partially) deviate from the lore. In the books, the elves in general and Lorien in particular are a peaceful folk who focus (almost?) exclusively on defending their enchanted, timeless home. They engage in war only when they are directly assaulted from Dol-Guldur. In the game, however, what player would want to just sit in his base and defend it throughout the entire game, having no offensive aspect at all? In order to make them enjoyable, you must give them an ability to mount an effective offense, supported as it is in other factions by offensive units, heroes and spells. A faction that can only defend its base will invariably lose.

Specifically speaking, I would give Lorien one offensive and one defensive ultimate spells. If the sunflare is not suitable (on which I agree), maybe replace the animations with something resembling "pure starlight". Perhaps Earendil can come on his ship to punish the enemies of Lorien? I can imagine him like a blue-ish ghostly (resembling Army of the Dead) ship that comes and pours starlight unto enemies (glorified, semi-lore-compatible sunflare basically  :P).  (I do not know much lore-wise about Lorien so these suggestions might be rubbish. I just want to stress that a strong offensive spell is a must for Lorien, along with corresponding offensive heroes and units. Canon or not, they must be made competitive and enjoyable in comparison to other factions.)
« Letzte Änderung: 20. Jul 2015, 10:40 von ELB27 »

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #27 am: 20. Jul 2015, 14:46 »
i think the spell should be like gorthaur s powers of the past ages but instead she becomes dark lady galadriel what do you say ????

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #28 am: 20. Jul 2015, 14:50 »
i think the spell should be like gorthaur s powers of the past ages but instead she becomes dark lady galadriel what do you say ????
Have you ever played previous version? If you give the One ring to Gladys, she has two choices - either accept the ring or deny. Both her ring forms have enhanced abilities etc.

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #29 am: 20. Jul 2015, 15:20 »
well she can turn dark for some time without the ring