1. Mai 2024, 19:10 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Lorien in general  (Gelesen 21522 mal)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
Re: Lorien in general
« Antwort #30 am: 20. Jul 2015, 15:30 »

I know that we are still talking about a game, and I thus won't ever expect Lothlórien to just defend its settlement; every faction must have its chances to attack, defend and win.
I just wrote that I don't like very much the offensive characteristic attributed to Lothlórien, since it is a blissful shelter of Joy and Calmness; and the leader of this faction, Galadriel, is also a Hero Supporter hero and her powers are mainly related to enhancement and Protection  :)
The 'offensive' element is more relatable, I personally think, to Mirkwood, since they are wilder and less wiser Elves, and its heroes have a nature and roles much more oriented to fighting; Thranduil is a tank hero, Legolas is mainly a mass slayer and Tauriel is an agile hero.

i think the spell should be like gorthaur s powers of the past ages but instead she becomes dark lady galadriel what do you say ????

I had a quite similar thought some time ago  xD
A spell related to the leader and most powerful hero of the faction; my idea was though a bit different.
It is called something like 'The Last Act of Power' and it obviously involves Galadriel; it refers to her last display of Power/Magic in the Third Age, the destruction of Dol Guldur, and it would also be a powerful enhancement of Galadriel's powers as a Building Destroyer.
The spell gives Galadriel (Galadriel maintains her normal form) an additional and temporary power in her powers set, called in fact 'The Last Act of Power'.
This power has a quite large radius, but it can only be cast on settlements and outposts, and can only be used once.
Galadriel creates with this power a perennial violent Storm on a settlement for almost 25-30 seconds, which will attack (with lightning) mainly structures, but also units; this Storm decreases also all the armour of the structures involved, to facilitate the work for Galadriel or your army in the destruction of the enemy settlement  :)

I recognise, though, that it is an improbable idea and concept, since it is an unique characteristic of Mordor, and it would be kind of redundant using an ultimate spell that remarks Galadriel's powers (even though it would be interesting)  :P

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #31 am: 20. Jul 2015, 16:54 »
i think its a very good idea i like it

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #32 am: 23. Jul 2015, 22:50 »
I would give Lorien one offensive and one defensive ultimate spells. If the sunflare is not suitable (on which I agree), maybe replace the animations with something resembling "pure starlight". Perhaps Earendil can come on his ship to punish the enemies of Lorien? I can imagine him like a blue-ish ghostly (resembling Army of the Dead) ship that comes and pours starlight unto enemies (glorified, semi-lore-compatible sunflare basically  :P).  (I do not know much lore-wise about Lorien so these suggestions might be rubbish. I just want to stress that a strong offensive spell is a must for Lorien, along with corresponding offensive heroes and units. Canon or not, they must be made competitive and enjoyable in comparison to other factions.)

I think that you are thinking in the right direction. ;)
We completely forgot that Eärendil is their beloved star, something such iconic, maybe more iconic than Elrond's flood for Imladris or Oathbreakers for Gondor.
We forgot that reason why is Galadriel called as a "Lady of light" is that she owns light of Eärendil and she can manipulate with pure light. 8-)
She will have some "light ability" as a blessed, and there is phial which will have Frodo, but in general there is no reference concerning Eärendil in the faction (except of two cases). Such iconic matter surely deserves some strong reference in the spellbook. In addition - the whole core of Lorien contains light:

I think that animation can have very simple realization. I agree that second ultimate spell should be something semi offensive/defensive and there are many possibilities - heal, damage, blindness, smaller range of vision etc. 

I was thinking about Lorien leaves, too. Some animation with wind or whirlwind which contains golden leaves - such spell can deal damage, slow down enemies etc., but I prefer first proposal. xD
« Letzte Änderung: 23. Jul 2015, 22:55 von TiberiusOgden »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #33 am: 24. Jul 2015, 18:44 »

It's true, but I would say that the most important and iconic source of Light is the one radiated by the hair of Galadriel, the golden light of Laurelin, of which the Light of Eärendil is still a fraction, since it's originated by a Silmaril  :)

Yes, Lothlórien is regarded as a bright and wonderful and calm place at night; that's why I always liked very much the upgrade 'Schutzbann Caras Galadhons', since it enlightened all the settlement, and kind of gave 'life' to it.
I sincerely think that Nenya will rightly comprehend this aspect (maybe), as the source of all the Light and Joy of the realm  (**)

Since we are talking about Lothlórien's structures/architecture, this is a thought of mine that I have had for quite a bit.

I really like the architectural style of Lothlórien and its innovative system of bridges/connections.
But, as we can see, the structures (especially the Tree House) are very different from the one of the Edain Mod 3.8.1, which are modelled on the concept/style of Caras Galadhon, the same style of LOTR (your pictures Tiberius); the concept that expresses better, I personally think, the Beauty and Light of Lothlórien.

I don't know why the Edain Team decided to change them (probably due to technical reasons), and I don't want them to be introduced again; this was just a small 'architectural' analysis  :P
What do you think about the difference between the two styles?

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #34 am: 24. Jul 2015, 18:52 »
Honestly - new fortress reminds me design from Rivendell. 8-| Also "bridge" on the top is strange.
But overall - I really love everything from the fortress and everything around (and heroes/units inside). :)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #35 am: 24. Jul 2015, 19:12 »
Honestly - new fortress reminds me design from Rivendell. 8-| Also "bridge" on the top is strange.
But overall - I really love everything from the fortress and everything around (and heroes/units inside). :)

I had the similar impression, Rivendell structures placed on trees  :)
Just a rough idea, what if the Edain Team changed the whole concept of the settlement, placing the Palace of Galadriel and Celeborn (or something that resembles it) as the central Tree House, and replacing the bridges with the beautiful luminescent stairs (the one in your pictures) that the Fellowship uses in FOTR to reach the Palace, with the all settlement surrounded internally by high and beautiful Golden Trees?  :P

I love the hero in white on the right  (**)

Gandalf7000

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am Gandalf, and Gandalf means me.
« Antwort #36 am: 24. Jul 2015, 19:49 »
Hi! About Thranduil's concept what if his appearance (design) could be invented through upgrade in Mirkwood outpost (the same thing is with choosing dwarven realm). Player can choose only one of three Thranduils designs:
1) The defensive - Thranduil with his sword and staff and "bath robe" (like elrond)
2) The aggressive - Thranduil with his one sword and that silver clothes
3)The Furious - Thranduil with his BOFA armor and two swords.
What do you think?

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #37 am: 24. Jul 2015, 20:10 »
Hi! About Thranduil's concept what if his appearance (design) could be invented through upgrade in Mirkwood outpost (the same thing is with choosing dwarven realm). Player can choose only one of three Thranduils designs:
1) The defensive - Thranduil with his sword and staff and "bath robe" (like elrond)
2) The aggressive - Thranduil with his one sword and that silver clothes
3)The Furious - Thranduil with his BOFA armor and two swords.
What do you think?

I would prefer more a 'unitary' concept of Thranduil, with his common robes for the first 5-7 levels, and then an armour upgrade, via a passive power of him, like the one of Elrond, which will give him his royal and military silver armour.

About the aggressive or defensive mode, Tienety once made on the EIC an interesting proposal about Thranduil's stances that Ealendril appreciated.
This proposal was also one of the few official concept proposals of the EIC  :)

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #38 am: 24. Jul 2015, 21:48 »
i was thinking about the ultimate spell for Lorien what about a white council saruman elrond and gandalf comes to aid lady galadriel and when the spell is activated saruman should say Are You In Need Of Assistance, My Lady? whad da ya saying guys ???

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #39 am: 24. Jul 2015, 21:56 »
what about a white council
I am also proponent of the White council, but is little bit problematic. Lorien has Galadriel and Radagast, Imladris has Elrond, Círdan and Glorfindel, Isengard has Saruman and in Gondor is Gandalf. I think that whole White council doesn't fit into the War of the ring time but into the Hobbit or maybe earlier.

But even in the previous version was map with White council on the battlefield so we can hope that some map will be also in the new version! ;)

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #40 am: 24. Jul 2015, 22:07 »
man i was thinking edain is hobbit time and lotr so in hobbit time its ok to summon the white council it will be fun.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #41 am: 24. Jul 2015, 22:08 »
Today I had the opportunity to examine again some lore significant elements about the Golden Wood and Galadriel, by reading again some passages of the chapter 'The Mirror of Galadriel'  :)

I have to say that I'm always amazed by the usage of Tolkien of words, there are often long descriptions of characters or places, but he also often wisely uses simple and sort of 'chosen' words, that have a rich and fundamental meanings, and many hermetical/hidden references.

These are the passages, exact words of Tolkien  8-)

Zitat
‘I know what it was that you last saw,’ she said; ‘for that is
also in my mind. Do not be afraid! But do not think that only
by singing amid the trees, nor even by the slender arrows
of elven-bows, is this land of Lothlo´rien maintained and
defended against its Enemy. I say to you, Frodo, that even
as I speak to you, I perceive the Dark Lord and know his
mind, or all of his mind that concerns the Elves. And he
gropes ever to see me and my thought. But still the door is
closed!’

Zitat
‘Yes,’ she said, divining his thought, ‘it is not permitted to
speak of it, and Elrond could not do so. But it cannot be
hidden from the Ring-bearer, and one who has seen the Eye.
Verily it is in the land of Lo´rien upon the finger of Galadriel
that one of the Three remains. This is Nenya, the Ring of
Adamant, and I am its keeper.
‘He suspects, but he does not know – not yet.

Ok, now a simple analysis and final conclusions  ;)

This is something I always mentioned in my walls of text, always referring to these passages, but now there is the final and direct proof!
Galadriel mentions her 'telepathic' fights with Sauron from afar (something that also Haldir says), and she also confirms that she always wins, really symbolising her status as the leader and guardian of all the Elves in Middle Earth.
But, most importantly, she also confirms that the courage, the chants and the bows of the brave people of the Golden Wood (the units, in the game) are not enough to fend off the Evil from her realm, and then she admits that Nenya (and her Magic) is the primary Power that sustains and protects the Bliss of the Golden Wood, preserving its timeless enchantment and its military defence.

Nenya has already been made by the Edain Team as the ultimate and most important ability/power of Galadriel.
But I think it's necessary and very lore accurate and characteristic, given these facts, extending the effect of Nenya also on the surrounding structures, becoming finally a mean to protect all the realm/faction of Lothlórien (UNITS and STRUCTURES).

Now another passage  :)

Zitat
She lifted up her white arms, and spread out her hands
towards the East in a gesture of rejection and denial. Ea¨rendil,
the Evening Star, most beloved of the Elves, shone clear
above.

Eärendil is the father of Elrond, but he's also importantly related to Galadriel and her realm, since the hair of Galadriel radiates the Holy Light of Laurelin (of which the Light of Eärendil is still a fraction) and Galadriel herself captures the Light of the Star in her phial, the most significant of her Gifts to the Fellowship.
The pivotal fact is that, in this passage, it represents the Good that protects and blesses the Golden Wood (via Galadriel), opposed to the Darkness in the East (Dol Guldur and Mordor); it would be really significative, then, adding this element (Light of Eärendil) in the Spellbook of Lothlórien, instead of the too general vanilla Sunflare.
Eärendil also symbolises the Might and the Splendour of the Elves in the Elder Days, as also the Last Alliance power of Rivendell symbolises the ancient Power of the Noldor in the Second Age.
The two elven factions, then, will have two ultimate powers that refer to the ancient and almost forgotten days of Splendour of the Eldar  8-)

It seems to me that they are very reasonable proposals, that have their roots on the pure lore, rather than on the cinematographic adaptations  :P

Tienety

• Gast
« Antwort #42 am: 24. Jul 2015, 22:36 »

I had the similar impression, Rivendell structures placed on trees  :)
I agree. I think that Lorien need their own designs, especially for roofs.
maybe Lorien fortress could looks better with these roofs:

About the aggressive or defensive mode, Tienety once made on the EIC an interesting proposal about Thranduil's stances that Ealendril appreciated.
This proposal was also one of the few official concept proposals of the EIC  :)
Yes, this one of my ideas. 8-)

Fine

• RPG Team
  • Wächter der Veste
  • Ich hab da ein ganz mieses Gefühl bei der Sache...
« Antwort #43 am: 24. Jul 2015, 23:10 »
I like the current (4.0 beta) look of the Lórien buildings. Give them a try once you can experience them in-game and not just on screenshots :)
No need for a hasty change in my opinion. Why change things you have not even really tried out yet?
RPG:

Sir_Stig

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #44 am: 24. Jul 2015, 23:28 »
How does one become a beta tester?