19. Mär 2024, 08:06 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: favorite quotes  (Gelesen 4121 mal)

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
favorite quotes
« am: 9. Apr 2015, 22:53 »
What's your favourite quote  (not necessarily from lotr) and why? What's the meaning behind it that pulled you towards it?

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
Re: favorite quotes
« Antwort #1 am: 12. Apr 2015, 01:58 »
Starting off, my all time favourite quote of any work of literature is Faramir's  (the one in my signature).
It's the best depiction of human nature especially at times of war. I came to greatly appreciate it after the start of the nightmare here in my country.
The thing is, in almost all wars, there's no good side vs an evil side. The act of war by itself is evil, but that doesn't mean that the humans fighting in it are evil or good. In many cases both sides have good reasons to fight, usually for the selfish good of their people, but people always fail to understand that there's no winner in war. everyone loose something because war exposes the monstrosity of humans regardless of their beliefs. The killing of another human being is the most horrible crime, and war "will make corpses of us all!"

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #2 am: 19. Okt 2015, 09:18 »
you shall not pass because im gandalf and you know what that means !!! xD xD :D :D

Slawek56703

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #3 am: 17. Feb 2017, 23:50 »
Zitat
There is only one Lord of the Ring, only one who can bend it to his will. And he does not share power.”

Zitat
Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them?

Zitat
"One does not simply walk into Mordor"

Zitat
What is this new devilry?

Zitat
"Sons of Gondor, of Rohan, my brothers,
I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me.
A day may come when the courage of men fails,
when we forsake our friends
and break all bonds of fellowship,
but it is not this day.
An hour of wolves and shattered shields,
when the age of men comes crashing down,
but it is not this day!
This day we fight!!
By all that you hold dear on this good Earth,
I bid you stand, Men of the West!!!
"

Zitat
Shall I describe it to you, or would you like me to find you a box?'
  :D

lordoflinks

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #4 am: 18. Feb 2017, 10:55 »
The quotes from my signature as they are very inspiring to me.
All your words are but to say: you are a woman, and your part is in the house. But when the men have died in battle and honour, you have leave to be burned in the house, for the men will need it no more. But I am of the House of Eorl and not a serving-woman. I can ride and wield blade, and I do not fear either pain or death.

But no living man am I! You look upon a woman. Éowyn I am, Éomund's daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him.

My avatar is Romana, a favorite person of mine